Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie • Page 85

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

So did New Line’s rights to Blade expire or did Marvel buy them back? I never heard anything about them getting it back.

2. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

hi, glad you're alive, not glad people suck

GrantCloud and supernovagirl like this.
  3. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

4. Cmoney86

Trusted

Black widow takes place between civil war and infinity war

justin. likes this.
  5. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

I wonder if Evans and Mackie will at least have cameo appearances then

smowashere likes this.
  6. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I’d imagine they’d lapse since Trinity and New Line not really being a thing aside from Warner Bros imprint.

7. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Thats true. I just read an article from 2013 that said Marvel reacquired it that year. So apparently they’ve had the IP for awhile.

8. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

I'm pretty sure they have the rights to every character at this point (barring Hulk solo films) assuming Sony reups their deal post-FFH

9. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I'm so ridiculously excited for everything they announced. Especially Thor with Taika, Valkyrie and Jane Thor!!!

I'm expecting a lot from Dr Strange 2 as well with that sick title and Scarlett Witch!

I know next to nothing about The Eternals and Shang Chi so I'm very much looking forward to being introduced to some new characters too!!

Also I'm so damn hyped for Blade!

RyanPm40, Dodger and Rowan5215 like this.
  10. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Hnnnnnnnnng my god yes. Inspiration from Aaron’s Mighty Thor and Fraction’s Hawkeye.

I fucking hope so bad that Love and Thunder brings in The God Butcher.

Really didn’t give a fuck about Black Widow’s movie until Taskmaster. Goddamn I love that character.

11. ChaseTx Jul 21, 2019
    (Last edited: Jul 21, 2019)
    ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I don't know anything about Blade but excited nonetheless

Also guess I don't know what's meant by different "versions" of Loki

12. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Their logos are always so nice looking

13. GBlades

Trusted

I've updated the following pages with this news but unsure how to change the thread titles to match the dates for those that were made previously. I didn't make the Loki, Black Widow, Doctor Strange, Thor or Blade so can't do those. Here we go again! :-)

The Eternals (Chloé Zao, TBD) • forum.chorus.fm
    The Falcon & The Winter Soldier (Kari Skogland, Aug 2020, Disney+) • forum.chorus.fm
    Shang-Chi (Destin Daniel Cretton, TBD) • forum.chorus.fm
    WandaVision (2021, Disney+) • forum.chorus.fm
    Marvel's What If...? (2021, Disney+) • forum.chorus.fm
    Hawkeye (2021, Disney+) • forum.chorus.fm

Dodger and justin. like this.
  14. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

Stoked on a lot of the announcements, particularly on Hawkeye having Kate confirmed and that it seems very Fraction stylised. Then Simu as Shang-Chi and Awkwafina‘s casting has me excited for that property.

Then there’s Thor, Taika could do whatever he likes with that franchise and I’ll probably still love it, it looks so good.

15. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

16. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

‘Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness’ is one of the best movie titles

17. Dodge725

Trusted

I think this phase is really going to set superhero movies up as a lasting genre and not just a fad. With much lesser known characters like The Eternals and Shang-Chi and new genres with the horror film Doctor Strange and spy movie with Black Widow, Marvel is taking a lot of risks with its upcoming movies. If all or even most of these films succeed, it will basically prove superhero movies can have lasting success and aren’t just lightning in a bottle.

I also really appreciate that even with all risk, they have the new TV shows with the characters we already know and love to balance it out. None of that even mentions Jane Foster taking over which was my favorite announcement.

coleslawed likes this.
  18. Wait, Awkwafina?! That might be the biggest news for me. I just watched The Farewell and it's incredible.

ECV, ChaseTx and Tim like this.
  19. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

20. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

They’re probably saying that so people won’t think Chris’ Thor won’t be featured as well

21. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

She is called Thor the Goddess of Thunder. The only time she is called “Female Thor” is ironically when people post about her outside of the comics - just like what this terrible tweet is promoting.

ChaseTx likes this.
  22. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

ChaseTx and Oskarr like this.
  23. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Excited to see this eventually, looks so good.

24. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

ChaseTx likes this.
  25. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Confirmed that last night was the complete phase 4 and anything Blade and beyond will be in the next phase.