Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Emery Band • Page 26

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by teebs41, Apr 26, 2016.

1. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

The Curse of Perfect Days is good.

latortuga, disambigujason and teebs41 like this.
  2. latortuga

Regular

Anyone been to the current tour with Hawthorne Heights? I'm not a big fan of the weeks end so if they're just going to play that only, I might skip it.

3. Henry

Moderator Moderator

disambigujason likes this.
  4. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

My band put out a record on Friday. Figured I’d post here for my Emery buddies.

also the labeled podcast episode on “I am only a Man” is very good. It’s all about how the album was a flop haha

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  5. chhholly123

i’ve been meaning to tell you

awakeohsleeper and beachdude like this.
  6. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I wanna buy a copy of IOAM on vinyl but man... I hate the reimagined artwork. It looks cheap and dated as hell. The original was much better.

7. chhholly123

i’ve been meaning to tell you

totally agree. i got it cause i love the album and thought the re-recordings sounded great, but definitely won’t be needing a display copy lol.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  8. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Hah for sure. I'll eventually pick it up since IOAM is one of my favorite Emery records.

chhholly123 likes this.
  9. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

beachdude likes this.
  10. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Emery’s vocalists featured on a dope new song that came out today!

11. Billie Eilish cover, which they apparently initially did during a 2020 stream?

12. matthest

Rub Some Dirt On It is incredible. This band's longevity is insane.

13. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

It’s their best record since Shallow Seas if you ask me.

14. Badtasteinmusic

Regular

I’m guessing we just get white line fever remixed/remastered this year. Maybe a new album next year or the year after.

15. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Maybe I can actually like White Line Fever if it got a proper mix/master lol

16. Lucas27

Trusted

I quite liked White Line Fever but the mix brought it down a notch. A proper mix/master might take that up to one of my favorite Emery records honestly.

17. Ellamamama

This is your life, are you who you want to be?

Phantoms and Ellamamama like this.
  19. mattylikesfilms Jun 21, 2023
    (Last edited: Jun 21, 2023)
    mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Already?? Geez these guys don’t stop.

Anyways; friendly reminder that everyone who digs Emery should listen to Rub Some Dirt On It. I think it’s one of their very best in a very long while.

20. Yeah it holds up so well and is probably still my favorite since In Shallow Seas We Sail. I should revisit White Line Fever and Eve because I tend to forget they exist though.

mattylikesfilms and Phantoms like this.
  21. wood&wire

just one of those ghosts

It's cool that they're going to make this new record in 2 days. I feel like they do really well with self-imposed limitations.

22. WadeCastle

Trusted Supporter

i love this HH deepcut with guest vox from Devin & Toby

23. cyclones_37

I built this vessel and it could capsize anytime Supporter

upload_2024-2-1_12-3-1.jpeg

24. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

I feel like album play throughs are kind of lost on me for certain bands. I'd love to go see them, but really don't care for this album much. Sorry if that's heresy.

25. Yourbiggestflan

Regular

I saw the 10-year anniversary tour for this and it was awesome, but this is one of my all-time favorite albums from this era so to each their own, I suppose!

contra11mundum likes this.