Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Emery - Rub Some Dirt On It (Studio Version, 06/24/2022) (Live Version, 11/2021) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by awakeohsleeper, May 13, 2021.

1. awakeohsleeper May 13, 2021
    (Last edited: May 13, 2021)
    awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

This year's Emery album will apparently be titled Rub Some Dirt On It. The title was revealed in a post by Devin Shelton to the Emeryland community. No release date has been announced yet and writing continues.

Like last year's White Line Fever, the album has been funded by Emeryland contributors.

Matt Carter & Toby Morrell revealed the first details on a recent BC Podcast episode (10:40 mark) that, inspired by their livestream events earlier this year (where they played I'm Only A Man and The Weak's End in full), they plan to record the album in a live performance in one take for a special online live event. (They said that there will be some post-production before it is released to digital outlets etc. but it has been written for this live format).

They also revealed that there will be a live online performance of The Question.

2. chhholly123

i’ve been meaning to tell you

interesting concept. i thought the album was supposed to be out in may. i was in emeryland until maybe february or so, and i remember matt was sourcing riffs as inspiration, but that’s all i saw about it. i loved eve (and still do), but white line fever fell off pretty quick for me so i hope i like this one a bit more.

count me in for the question livestream.

3. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Interesting. The livestreams sounded really good, so I feel like this could be cool. Good on them for always trying something new.

4. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Yes, I love that they try new things. Some things work, some things don’t. Also exciting Toby saying that this album feels to him as somewhere between The Question and I’m Only A Man...

White Line Fever was good on the surface but didn’t stay in my memory.

5. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Yeah, think it was meant to be May but don’t think there will be a livestream by the end of the month from no announcement. Hopefully June/July.

Agree with White Line Fever.

chhholly123 likes this.
  6. Samesies. I found out that I actually prefered the earliest songs from Whine Line Fever, and overall that it wasn't an album that felt like an essential listen like their past stuff has. Curious to see how they'll pull this concept off. I'm just grateful they're still making music.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
    tvck and awakeohsleeper like this.
  8. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I love that these dudes are still going strong.

9. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I totally missed The Question live stream. Did anyone watch it?

Badtasteinmusic likes this.
  10. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

That chainsaw variant looks cool but I wanna hear the record first and see if I like it more than White Line Fever..

11. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

12. Dog Fish

Mutt

didn't realize this is what was happening. that's fucking rad.

Badtasteinmusic and Crisp X like this.
  13. chhholly123

i’ve been meaning to tell you

14. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

If you buy a ticket to the virtual show and album premiere do you get a download of the MP3? I don’t get it. I want to listen to it more than once!

15. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

16. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Just joined their Discord to get the remaster/re-recording of I’m Only A Man (my favorite Emery record) and HOT DAMN THIS IS GREAT!! I strongly urge everyone to join it. The download links are in the #announcements channel.

https://discord.gg/P6uwr3C6

17. Concussion rips, takes me back to The Question / I'm Only A Man days musically. The ending part in particular feels lifted from the latter. Really excited to hear the rest of the record, in a way I haven't been since You Were Never Alone.

18. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

I'm still a little confused on this one. I understand the premiere is them playing the new album in full, but when the album is released, will it basically just be audio from the show, or is it a normal studio album that they are just premiering live first?

Badtasteinmusic and bachna84 like this.
  19. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

From what I understand, they wanted to track this whole record live. So they recorded themselves recording the record and are gonna premiere the album through the livestream. I have no idea when the record will be released, but I'm gonna guess for anyone a part of Emeryland it will be very quickly after the stream. For the rest of us, I don't know. The CD pre-order says winter. But I don't know if that's due to production time or not.

20. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

There will be a studio version of the album out around November

21. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Yes I emailed them yesterday.

Live stream: September 16th
    Audio of live stream: Emeryland exclusive shortly after
    Album (live stream slightly polished up for streaming services): November
    Physical: early next year but preorder now

Not sure what to edit the title to for the date, haha!!

22. The song premiered in the podcast already sounds slightly polished to my ears. I'd have to give it another listen but there seemed to be layers of vocals / screams they wouldn't be able to reproduce live.

23. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

They recorded the livestream in July I think so I imagine they’re sitting on the actual album so they can do two pushes, one now for the 16th and again in November.

24. zsoty27

"I am the patron saint of lost causes"

New song "CONCUSSION ".

Sound pretty rad if you ask me.

25. indecipherable

levitate levitate levitate levitate Prestigious

Another