Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Zack Snyder Steps Down From ‘Justice League’ to Deal With Family Tragedy

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 22, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Zack Snyder is stepping away from the Justice League movie in the wake of a family tragedy. Borys Kit, writing for The Hollywood Reporter:

Snyder tells The Hollywood Reporter he is stepping away from Justice League, Warner Bros.’ all-star DC Comics superhero mega-movie that is in postproduction, in order to deal with the sudden death of his daughter. Snyder’s wife, Deborah Snyder, who is a producer on Justice League, also is taking a break to focus on the healing of their family.

2. defmytones

Regular

Hope all the best for him and his family. With it being in postproduction I can't see this having an insane impact on how the movie turns out negatively.

Raku likes this.
  3. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

That's fucking awful

4. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

This is heartbreaking to read. Prayers to his family.

Raku likes this.
  5. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

This is so freaking tragic. I can't even imagine.

Aaron Mook and Colby Searcy like this.
  6. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Absolutely terrible for his family to go through that. Glad he's taking time off to heal.

Raku likes this.
  7. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Jesus, that's terrible.

Raku likes this.
  8. Joseph Pepe

Ugh I can't even fathom.

9. omgrawr

That loneliness is not a function of solitude.

I can relate on some level. My dad died a few months ago from esophageal cancer and I still have a hard time giving a shit about anything at work (or in general). I imagine losing a daughter in this way is an entirely different kind of struggle that I'll hopefully never understand but on a base level, I get it. I wish his family the best in coping with this. Glad that he realized he needed to take a step back to grieve and heal.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  10. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Fuuuuck