Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Westerman - Your Hero Is Not Dead (June 5, 2020) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Matt Chylak, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

One of my personal favorite artists of the last few years, Westerman is a singer-songwriter from West London whose early music had more of an indie folk bent before exploring more electronic textures with the producer Bullion. It’s been really fruitful, with a 2018 run of singles and an EP that if collected into a proper album would have been an album of the year contender. We’re overdue for a thread on him.

His new single “Blue Comanche” came out today, and he seems to be gearing up for a larger release. He has no album, just scattered singles and EPs.

2. yung_ting

Trusted

been waiting on an album for a while, think it’s going to be really special!

Matt Chylak likes this.
  3. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I cut out official thread, because I don't like seeing it in thread titles lol

4. Matt Chylak

I was gonna change it to be about the album once it’s announced. Have you listened to the music?

5. Tomar Re

Regular

I’m hoping we get an album, “Confirmation” is such a good song.

6. username

hey you lil piss baby

[​IMG]

01 “Drawbridge”
    02 “The Line”
    03 “Big Nothing Glow”
    04 “Waiting On Design”
    05 “Think I’ll Stay”
    06 “Dream Appropriate”
    07 “Easy Money”
    08 “Blue Comanche”
    09 “Confirmation”
    10 “Paper Dogs”
    11 “Float Over”
    12 “Your Hero Is Not Dead”

7. Matt Chylak

Debut album finally coming!!!! Your Hero is Not Dead out July 5th.

New song as well, an optimistic jam about chronic pain:
    I wrote this while I was moving a lot. I was thinking about a chronic pain condition when it started. That pain is a very specific type, but I think there’s an inevitable amount of pain that everyone goes through just being alive. A friend was talking to me about how they’re going to be working until they’re 80 years old, so what’s the difference. In the song, I’m trying to say that it’s worth sticking around. It’s a sort of giddy affirmation of being.

Westerman - "Think I'll Stay"

8. username

hey you lil piss baby

9. username

hey you lil piss baby

10. Matt Chylak

11. yung_ting

Trusted

Album is incredible as expected

12. username

hey you lil piss baby

This is pretty food, nice to finally have a full length project. Didn’t realize “Confirmation” and “Easy Money” were on here until they came up while I was listening.

13. New to this artist, album is super fun so far! Very groovy

14. Matt Chylak

Honestly, I was a bit disappointed Friday on first listen because he released so many tracks in advance. I knew like 2/3 of the album. Wish he’d held back just ONE classic Westerman jam like “Waiting On Design”.

Once it settled in on my second listen there was just happiness to have a full length project. I’ve been listening to it a bunch over the weekend and it’s a really wonderful ride.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  15. Have really been enjoying this a lot. It’s as calming as it is fun, and catchy as it is interesting. I think this will sneakily make its way into rotation on a regular basis for a while

Matt Chylak likes this.
  16. Matt Chylak

17. Matt Chylak

bump because "Blue Comanche" was a contender for the best song of 2020 and no one said that.

18. Still come back to this quite often. Such a soothing listen

19. Rewatching Hacks, forgot it uses Easy Money in a scene. Sucked back in just like that, this record rules

20. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

this sounds like it could be worth my time

21. It definitely is! A very slept on 2020 record

23. jdr2187

jdr2187

trevorshmevor and Fronnyfron like this.
  24. Good song! Excited for the record

25. Matt Chylak

We should make a new thread