Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Weezer - Weezer (The White Album) (April 1, 2016) Album • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Aaron Mook, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Are you saying that "Heart Songs" wasn't risky?!

dylan and Aaron Mook like this.
  2. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

Woooooow I like this album more than I thought I would, g o o d v i b e s

3. demandtheimpossible

Resident Anti-Capitalist

This album just makes me happy. There are things I don't like, but damn it if I didn't feel great listening to it in the car.

Aaron Mook and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

5. zigs

flyin' kk

This record getting released on the warmest day of the year so far turned out to be a welcome coincidence.

Imagine I am going to listen to this a lot this summer

6. 2stepwithsteve

Regular

I couldn't be happier with this album. I love it even more than EWBAITE, which I wasn't expecting them to be able to top. California Kids might be my new favorite Weezer song at the moment. So good. Wind in our Sail and Jacked Up are my other favorites as of right now, but there really isn't one bad song on this album. I'm so glad to see that weezer are consistently making great albums again it seems like.

7. The beach and bird sounds coming back at the end reminded me of Everything In Transit.

dylan likes this.
  8. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

YES

9. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

This is so fantastic. Summer Elaine might be the catchiest song I've ever heard

10. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I tried to read Pitchfork's review but stopped when they called "California Kids" limp.

11. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

I'm pissed at Pitchfork for practically ignoring Meg Myers hahaha. They'd rather cover Zayn Malik, Justin Bieber, and Rihanna..... :cringe:

12. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

Man, I don't know if this is just hitting me at the right time but I could gush over this record. Super happy with it. Rivers is so good at this sugar-pop stuff. Production is nice.

13. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Can't get over how much I love this album. My least favorite song is probably "Jacked Up," just because it feels out of place with the other songs, but even that one isn't bad, it just doesn't quite fit the vibe of the rest of the record. There are some solid pop-rock tunes on here. "King of the World" is a jam, "L.A. Girls" and "Do You Wanna Get High?" bring the classic Weezer sound back in interesting ways, and even "Thank God For Girls" has grown on me a lot since they first released it. I was expecting this one to fall into fourth place in my Weezer album rankings (behind Pinkerton, The Blue Album, and EWBAITE) but it actually wound up taking the third place spot from EWBAITE. How many other bands can say their third-best album is their tenth overall? That's pretty crazy.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  14. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

The Beatles ;-)

Anthony_D'Elia likes this.
  15. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

This is so much better than I expected. My favourite since Green for sure.

16. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

They haven't bothered to review Bob Mould's new one yet either.

17. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah pretty easily my third favorite Weezer album I think. Going to be my go to summer jam for sure.

18. JM95

Trusted

I'm almost certain I'm going to be playing this all summer haha.

I love this more and more every time I listen to it.

19. cbronder1

Regular

I can't wait to jam this all Summer. I'm picking up a vinyl copy today at my local record store.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  20. Jim

Trusted Supporter

21. I would love to find a copy of this on vinyl tonight.

22. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

Hahaha not quite

23. Jim

Trusted Supporter

Japanese bonus track

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  24. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.