Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Survivor (CBS) TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by irthesteve, Mar 10, 2016.

1. irthesteve Mar 10, 2016
    (Last edited: Feb 13, 2019)
    irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Premiering in 2000 on CBS, Survivor is one of the very first reality competition shows.

Season 38 premieres February 2019

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  2. irthesteve

I hope I can get this thread goin over here. We have a small, but dedicated fanbase over at AP that I hope transfers here.

I've seen every episode of every season and someday, you'll see me out there..... you'll see

Jacob Tender and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  3. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

God I hated watching Caleb being evacuated

4. irthesteve

Last night was such a hard watch, with THREE freaking people going down and then Caleb having it really bad. I'll miss him, I watched him on BB and he had changed as a person so much on Survivor, really loved watching him. Tai breaking down was the most heartbreaking thing in the world

5. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

I know. Definitely the worst medic situation I remember the show ever having. I've always thought Caleb was a good dude. Maybe way goofy on BB though. No doubt in my mind that he'll be back.

6. irthesteve

There were a few things on BB that were kinda... politically incorrect, but I think a lot of it was where he grew up, the show definitely changed him for the better

7. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Ah yeah, true. I really love the connection he and Tai had almost immediately.

I have no idea who I think is a front-runner to win the show as of right now. They all just seem okay to me.

8. irthesteve

I can't think further than how much I dislike Scot and Jason. Luckily, I feel like they don't stand a chance with the tribe swap... but we'll see. I think I like most of beauty except the emotionless personal trainer, otherwise I don't know who to root for yet or who seems like the front runner

9. ramomcferno

Mystery is the secret ingredient Prestigious

Like you, I have seen all of the seasons as well but I have no desire to go on there.

10. irthesteve

I auditioned once and it was a series of unfortunate events, I just haven't gotten myself to put a video together, no ideas compelling enough

11. ramomcferno

I wish you the best of luck! Let us know how it goes. I will have my whole house rooting for you!

12. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Man. I've been watching Survivor for longer than I was going to AP and I never knew there was a thread.

This changes everything.

I've been having a harder time getting into this season actually. I feel like they hyped it up a bit too much, especially following one of the best seasons in Survivor history.

13. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

I used to watch this show religiously up until 2006. Same with Big Brother. Not sure what happened, but I completely stopped watching both of them.

14. irthesteve

If you ever feel the desire, last season of Survivor may have been the best yet

15. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Is it available on any streaming service?

16. irthesteve

honestly not sure, I think CBS has their own streaming service though that has all seasons?

17. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

I'll look into that!

18. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

From what I understand, the current season was actually filmed before the current one. Speculation leads that they wanted last season to be in the fall because it was so much better.

19. irthesteve

The current season was indeed filmed before last season, but I'm pretty sure it was just because of the fan voting. Being the first season the fans voted people in, they wanted the results of the voting to be the NEXT season that aired, instead of waiting a whole year after fans voted.

20. ramomcferno

Yep. Last year was the best.

21. ramomcferno

Well last night was interesting. I was really hoping that Peter would go home. I like the makeup of the new tribes too.

22. irthesteve

Definitely an interesting episode. I like the solution for the uneven split, but the luck definitely was against Beauty when it came to how the buff pick was laid out

23. Neon Light

rage and love

Jeff actually very deliberately did not hype this season up because of how good last season was, as he's gotten in trouble with fans in the past for hyping up seasons that turned out to be average.

I've actually been loving this season and have been pleasantly surprised based on the lack of hype. Really strong casting with plenty of interesting characters on all three tribes made the pre-merge compelling viewing. Hopefully the post-merge will be just as good and not too many medevacs.

24. irthesteve

What a gross-out episode, really really really bummed at Neal's exit

25. demandtheimpossible

Resident Anti-Capitalist

Well this is where I live now.

Super sad to see Neal leave, but this season has been all sorts of crazy. I've enjoyed it much more than I thought. It's a really great character season.