Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Weekly Poll: Favorite The Dangerous Summer Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Henry, May 22, 2020.

?

??

1. Reach for the Sun

39 vote(s)
    44.3%
  2. War Paint

27 vote(s)
    30.7%
  3. Golden Record

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  4. The Dangerous Summer

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  5. Mother Nature

20 vote(s)
    22.7%
  1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Rank em, tell us why, or just pick one.

Link to all of the other polls here. You can leave suggestions for new polls there or here. Whatevs

2. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I've gone back and forth on Reach for the Sun and War Paint over the years. When War Paint came out, it was basically the most important album in the world for me for an entire year, and I would have told you it was a step up from Reach. I've circled back on that since, and Reach for the Sun I think is a little more consistently great. So that's my pick, and probably one of my 10 favorite albums of all time. Strong shout out to Mother Nature too, though, which is a very, very good album to have as your third best.

Steeeve Perry likes this.
  3. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Mother Nature for me! Got me into the band and I got to meet AJ and chat with him about it

Steeeve Perry likes this.
  4. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

While I do love War Paint and enjoy their others, it’s RFTS by a long shot for me. That album hit me like a train in my younger days and is something I can still throw on and enjoy the hell out of.

5. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

I struggle choosing between War Paint and Reach but ultimately Reach is more solid throughout while the first half of War Paint is the peak of that album.

If we were doing a song bracket I would put "Catholic Girls" near the top however so shout out to Golden Record

6. hairtaylor

Regular Supporter

same. well, except for the chatting with AJ about it part.

7. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Lol and it hadn't come out yet. I was listening to the leak and he was like "oh, you got ahold of it!" So I bought a CD from him because I felt guilty haha

hairtaylor likes this.
  8. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

War Paint

Fuck Cody Payne forever though

9. manoverboard365

Trusted

War Paint, no question for me. My struggle is figuring out what number 2 is, I flip flop between Reach and Mother Nature.

10. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Mother Nature was my first TDS album and it gets my vote, with War Paint as a close second. As a relative outsider, War Paint sounds more fully realized and consistent than Reach to me.

11. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

War Paint easily. Reach and Mother Nature are also good though. Catholic Girls is alarmingly good for how disappointing Golden is. I honestly cant remember anything from self titled.

12. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Reach.

13. manoverboard365

Trusted

I can't believe how people sleep on self titled. Color, This is Life, Ghosts and Infinite are top tier TDS songs for me.

Golden Record I really only come back to Catholic Girls and Sins.

AshlandATeam likes this.
  14. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

War Paint for sure. It’s hard to rank any TDS album under another though. They’re all great.

War Paint takes it though just because of how top notch AJ’s melodies and lyrics were. The production is great too.

also, fuck Cody Payne.

15. AshlandATeam

Trusted

I don’t know why, but from day one, I never loved War Paint. It’s not awful I guess, but when I make TDS playlists, I don’t find the need to put much from it.

Reach for the Sun is an all-time classic, and the self-titled and Mother Nature are 9/10, excellent albums. Golden Record is okay, and War Paint is just a miss for me.

16. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Love RFTS a ton, but I gotta go with Mother Nature.

17. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

War Paint is the only one where I love the whole thing. RFTS has higher highs though.

18. Steeeve Perry

Trusted

Same!
    But I still went with Reach for the Sun. Just a perfect album to sing every word to. Mother Nature is second for mine, then War Paint, but the self titled is also great. Meanwhile Catholic Girls is one of their absolute best songs (not to mention Miles Apart). I was late to the party but TDS are easily the best band I discovered last year. AJ was super nice as well. He had every right to be shitty because the gig (in Adelaide, South Australia) had a really small crowd. But he seemed so appreciative, had a pic etc. Legends

JRGComedy likes this.
  19. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I also love Sins from Golden Record

drummerAVA likes this.
  20. Delysid

Regular

All about the drumming on the first record

21. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Reach. War Paint. Mother Nature/Self Titled. Golden Record.

Favourite two TDS songs are Where I Want To Be and Weathered.

22. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

Did you say you were starting a song bracket?

23. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

No but I would participate :teethsmile:

24. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

I’d be all over this as well. But if Parachute Or Waves didn’t win I’d lose faith in this community.

25. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

TDS bracket would be so tough