Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Twin Peaks (ABC) TV Show • Page 111

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Still haven't seen that one yet.

2. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

It's so good. Nic Cage, Laura Dern and David Lynch. Match made in heaven.

angel paste and angrycandy like this.
  3. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

It reminded me so much of Natural Born Killers lol, it was definitely the most "fun" david lynch movie, much more of a midnight drive in vibe

4. Pseudo!

Regular

Wild At Heart is so much fun, then shocking and sad, then transcendent.

Definitely my go-to Lynch film when I'm feeling a more casual watch (for lack of a better word). It's not his best work overall, but it contains some of his absolute best work, if that makes any sense

angel paste and SpyKi like this.
  5. angel paste

Yes I watched Lost Highway the night before and that was much more intense, now I just have Inland Empire left... (Besides dune)

SpyKi, Pseudo! and OotyPa like this.
  6. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

Lost Highway and Wild at Heart are both underappreciated gems with some of his best moments

Pseudo! likes this.
  7. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Lost Highway is damn good. I need to rewatch Inland Empire. That one actually feels like a dream and I don’t remember much from it TBH.

Pseudo! likes this.
  8. Pseudo!

Regular

Inland Empire unnerves me more than any horror film I've ever watched, it's the movie version of those portraits that have those eyes that seem to follow you. Only film I've watched that makes me feel like it's somehow watching me back

kupe and SpyKi like this.
  9. angel paste

Well I'm about to start it... Wish me luck lol

10. Pseudo!

Regular

Good luck! Let us know what you think

11. angel paste

That movie is fucked its liked the most cursed youtube video of all time lol so unsettling

Reminded me of a creepypasta

OotyPa and nohandstoholdonto like this.
  12. David Lynch’s Industrious Pandemic

13. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

and now I'm sad

14. Pseudo!

Regular

I choose denial.

Can't wait for his new show shooting this May!

angrycandy likes this.
  15. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Great profile! It sounds like he’s saying what he always says, keeping things under wraps, being vague. It seems unrealistic to me that we’d hear all this potential stuff and it turns out to ALL be false. I remember before The Return, we kept hearing and debunking different rumors.

Pseudo!, jordalsh and angrycandy like this.
  16. angrycandy

true

17. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

David is also a 75-year-old man at this point lol he’s not going to risk his health to start shooting a TV series during the pandemic. I don’t blame him.

18. angrycandy

true

19. it sounds like it IS going to happen but it’s not shooting like right now

OotyPa likes this.
  20. Importer/Exporter

he’ll live forever in the sound of broken glass Supporter

Does anyone have a good feminist examination of the series they’ve read (or their own!) that they’d be able to share? Obviously violence towards women, sexual violence, and sexuality are big themes in the series, and I know there are a lot of people who have an issue with the way Lynch in particular approaches those topics.

OotyPa likes this.
  21. OotyPa Feb 24, 2021
    (Last edited: Feb 24, 2021)
    OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Interesting! Would love to read feminist examinations of the series as well. I'm sure there are think-pieces written from both sides, either criticizing or praising Lynch for his approach.

Just based on my personal interpretations, I feel pretty confident Lynch is a feminist and seeks to condemn violence against women. I lean toward the interpretation that Lynch isn't glorifying violence, but rather exploring every angle of its profanity in an honest effort to denounce passivity. The notion of evil vs. good is pretty explicit in his work, so it's surprising to me when people observe Lynch through this morally ambiguous lens. For the most part, I'm pretty sure he's trying to reveal what's behind the cultural curtain, reexamine what's considered "American truth."

That, along with the interpretation his work responds to "art/television/film" as a whole, seems to suggest the toxic masculinity of his villains are grotesque cultural projections, and the feminine is humane / nuanced / intricate. Lynch revels in sentiment, intuition over intellect (recalling the frequently occurring motif of love conquering fear) which all feels to me like a tribute to the feminine.

22. It's Feb 24th, y'all.

[​IMG]

23. Henry

Moderator Moderator

aliens exist likes this.
  24. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

25. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Booooooo