Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Track List: May – Warming Up

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 22, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Welcome back to Track List, your monthly dose of 30 songs aimed to match the time of year, sequenced into a playlist for you to vibe out to however you see fit. Hopefully some names will be familiar, and hopefully some will give you a new discography to dive into. Drop me a line with some of your seasonal favorites and check back every month for a new playlist.

You can find the playlist on Spotify and Apple Music read more about the selections below.

Warming Up

Ah, May. The last final hurrah before the month that brings us summer. I don’t know what it is about this time of year, but May always feels like the second wind of the “fresh start” brought on by New Year’s Eve. Maybe it comes from years of public school grooming me to anticipate summer. Graduations, vacations, blockbuster films… as an adult, the months should all feel the same, but this next stretch of the year comes with a certain air of opportunity that other points of the year don’t really have built in. From the driving drum beat of The Format’s “The First Single”, to the toe tapping groove in Bibio’s “Town & Country”, this playlist is designed for you to take advantage of those relaxed pool and lakeside vibes to close out your spring and prepare for the heat. Once we’re done picking up where we left off from April’s indie rock goodness, the back portion here serves up a taste of of the higher energy pop and rock sounds that come with the months of sundresses, board shorts, and that thin layer of perspiration that exists only to make the breeze feel that much better. Turn up the energy just a bit more and round out your spring on an upbeat note!

2. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

That's nice and fresh, though here in Poland the weather sucks so much for now, some areas are actually flooded after quite heavy rain. Glad to hear some stuff I love over there mixed with something new... and Caravela, oh yeah!

trevorshmevor likes this.
  3. kelseyleigh

Trusted Supporter

Excited to listen to this. The Format "The First Single" is perfect for this time of year.

4. Yeahhh this was something I didn’t even consider until the second installment of these playlists, lol. The weather in America certainly doesn’t match up with the weather everywhere else! Definitely gonna brainstorm a new overall theme after the year is finished out with this one

5. Agreed, I&L is the perfect spring record

6. kelseyleigh

Trusted Supporter

Listening to this now and the mood is perfect.