Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Track List: April – Breezy Days & Stretching Legs

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Welcome back to Track List, your monthly dose of 30 songs aimed to match the time of year, sequenced into a playlist for you to vibe out to however you see fit. Hopefully some names will be familiar, and hopefully some will give you a new discography to dive into. Drop me a line with some of your seasonal favorites and check back every month for a new playlist.

You can find the playlist on Spotify and Apple Music and read more about the selections below.

Breezy Days & Stretching Legs

Well, spring is officially here. The coldest days of the year are finally in the rearview, and over the next few weeks we’ll see zip-up hoodies and pullovers following suit. While spring doesn’t really have as much of a bold presence or “signature” event as its siblings do (unless you’re counting tax returns and seasonal allergies), its way of speaking in subtleties makes it hard to not get outside and enjoy. Daisies, daffodils, and lilacs splash color onto the foliage like tiny fireworks. Walking to your favorite local bar or restaurant suddenly sounds enjoyable again, and the choice between indoor or outdoor seating when you get there no longer sounds like a question of pure insanity. This playlist was made with those days in mind — a breeze-brushed mid-afternoon walk to the park where you might lay in the grass and close your eyes for a little longer than planned. Kacey Johansing and Noname feed you daydream fuel to keep you in the zone. Maybe you find yourself on your patio with breakfast, letting your bones thaw with a cup of coffee and Andrew Bird’s indie-folk overtones. Whatever the case may be, give this one a spin and let yourself enjoy what April has to offer.

2. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

This list is really great, thanks for that, I'll be putting it up on the speakers in the office in a minute!

trevorshmevor likes this.
  3. losingawholeyear

Newbie Supporter

Ah yes, love that Brighten song. Nicely done.

4. Such an underrated gem of a band! Their past couple of releases haven’t done much for me long term, but there was a time that I’d have considered Justin to be among my favorite songwriters.

losingawholeyear and Jason Tate like this.
  5. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

That whole Brighten EP was a gem as well, gotta admit!

6. Agreed, as much as I adore everything before it, I think Be Human is my favorite overall release of theirs. You can bet that once we get into the fall months, While The Fire Was Out will likely sneak it’s way onto one of these playlists, haha

Bartek T. likes this.
  7. losingawholeyear

Newbie Supporter

I agree, I've often wondered what would've become of Brighten had Justin kept it going full time... King vs Queen, Early Love, and Be Human was such a great streak for them.

Bartek T. and trevorshmevor like this.