Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Thrice - Palms (September 14, 2018) Album • Page 371

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by teebs41, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Mike J

We talk too much / We talk in circles

I previously said that if "Deeper Wells" is truly a "continuation of the Palms experience," and not just a bunch of b-sides, then they have to play one of those songs live — just like they would with a new LP. While I'm not a fan of the first Disrupt set, at least there was some intent to legitimize the EP.

"Deeper Wells" was on the setlist after "Of Dust..." but was skipped"

Not sure why "Deeper Wells" was skipped. Maybe, the set times were running behind schedule, and The Used needed to get on stage by 10:15 PM without fail.

2. stonecoldnimrod

roamer. wanderer. nomad. vagabond.

agreed. i'll be at the dallas show tonight and is much as i like the setlist without 'wells', an of those songs i'd gladly trade for 'wells'. i doubt once this summer tour is over, the band will have no intent to play any songs off this ep.

Mike J likes this.
  3. Mike J

It's been years since I've been to a festival. Since they're outdoors, do they have a curfew like most amphitheater shows? That would explain why Thrice had to cut "Deeper Wells" last night.

teebs41 likes this.
  4. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

5. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

6. Mike J

teebs41 likes this.
  7. Mike J

Dustin fired his usual shots at TAITA.

8. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Come on... just let it go!!

Transient_Hymn, .K. and Micool1 like this.
  9. Mike J Jun 28, 2019
    (Last edited: Jun 28, 2019)
    Mike J

Are you yelling at Dustin or me? I just find it interesting that he literally cannot give an interview without bashing it to some degree.

10. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I think he’s saying Dustin doesn’t need an echo.

I could be wrong though.

coleslawed likes this.
  11. Mike J

I also found it interesting how Dustin wouldn't say "Lullaby" even though he knew exactly what the song name was, along with plenty of other details about it.

12. Mike J

The interviewer asked what 3 songs they'd pick if they were going to give new listeners an idea of what Thrice is all about, and DK picked Earth Will Shake, Daedalus and Silhouette.

Mine would be For Miles, Daedalus and Black Honey. It's not that I think Honey is their third best song or anything like that, but it mostly represents the band's present-day sound, while being one of their most accessible songs as far as new listeners are concerned. That's why it's their biggest song of all time in terms of reach.

I'd be curious to know what everyone else's three Thrice songs would be (for new listeners).

13. The Mysterious

Yes...but a thing isn't beautiful because it lasts

deadbolt.png

oncenowagain and Mike J like this.
  14. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Whenever I’m tryna get people into thrice I play them in exile

15. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

There’s not just one song to represent Thrice like so many other bands have.

I think I’d adjust my list of three based on the listener.

A friend and I used to make CD’s every 6 months and trade as a way to expose each other to new music. We didn’t send tracklists until a week after so we’d judge what we liked based on music alone. I had Whaler followed by Come All You Weary and he had no idea it was even the same band.

Anthony Brooks and teebs41 like this.
  16. manoverboard365

Trusted

Ok so I haven't really listened to new Thrice music in almost 10 years, but my friend has convinced me to go to that Disrupt Festival next weekend so I decided to give Palms a spin. HOLY SHIT I love this album! Now I'm onto To Be Everywhere and liking what I'm hearing.

Crazy how 8 albums into their career and they can still make such career high songs.

17. Mike J

Did you bail after Beggars?

18. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

anonimito likes this.
  19. manoverboard365

Trusted

Honestly I never listened to Beggars in it's entirety, just a couple of songs. I'm working my way through a whole discography listen this week!

20. stonecoldnimrod

roamer. wanderer. nomad. vagabond.

five song ep to get someone into thrice:

for miles
    silhouette
    digital sea
    to awake and avenge the dead
    in exile

RuckerPark and Cameron like this.
  21. Mike J

That Beggars pro shot video from the other thread is bringing back some fond memories. They were firing on all cylinders at that point. It's probably the peak of Thrice 1.0. That was right before the world fell apart for each member.

22. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

why not reply to that post in the band thread rather than comment on it in the Palms thread?

23. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

He’s banned from that one

24. Mike J

I realize that everybody hates me and couldn't care less about anything I have to say, but last night's Irvine show was an all-timer. It's been a long time since they last played in our hometown, and it was well worth the wait.

KidLightning and MikeERayner like this.
  25. MikeERayner

Trusted

Would've been a fun one. I was at all the CA farewell shows. Crowds got crazier as we got closer to SoCal.