Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Wheel of Time (Robert Jordan) Book • Page 23

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Vivatoto, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Egwene improves after her character interactions in 4-5, imo.

Richter915 likes this.
  2. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Finally diving back in to Shadow Rising after several months of break.

3. Garrett

I know Brandon had to separate out plot lines and whatnot for TGS/ToM, but there are some glaringly bad continuity errors

4. Garrett

A Memory of Light goes so hard from the very start.

5. Garrett

Excuse me. How dare Brandon Sanderson kill Bela in the Last Battle.

scottlechowicz likes this.
  6. Garrett

I don’t remember the body count being this high in TLB and I am Having A Time Of It this morning. The body count needed to be this high, obviously, but man. This book is something else.

scottlechowicz and Richter915 like this.
  7. Garrett

Well, I finished the series. Now what do I do?

scottlechowicz and Richter915 like this.
  8. GBlades

Trusted

Not much but it's a start!

Richter915 likes this.
  9. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

On The Gathering Storm now. Gonna drop back in here randomly with thoughts but won't really read unless I'm quoted and please don't spoil past the 11th book. Just read the Verin and Egwene scene and it was stunning. Probably my favorite of the entire series so far.

Other random thoughts:
    -Loved Cadsuane bodying Semirhage.
    -Nynaeve defending Mat to Suon was so touching.
    -Needs more Logaine is my biggest criticism of nearly every one of these books.
    -Perrin was awesome then became boring when he was paralyzed by indecision. I get that it's his arc but it just wasn't interesting to me.
    -Not as big of a Mat fan as everyone else. Major Han Solo vibes (which was never really my favorite character just because I'm not a cool lady's man and so can't relate) but he certainly has his moments. I'm really coming around on him much more in the last couple books though.

Garrett likes this.
  10. Garrett

You will fit in just fine with these thoughts, haha. Nynaeve is in my top 5 all time favorite characters after my latest re-read. Cadsuane is the worst and the best and so good. Rumor has it, they're fixing the Logain thing for the show and I am VERY STOKED.

11. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Started The Fires of Heaven. I was worried I'd be lost since it's been like two years, but looking at some refresher I think I'm alright. Excited to get back into it!

Garrett and scottlechowicz like this.
  12. Garrett

Nice misdirect with the Myrrdraal.

13. ChaseTx

I'm not getting what the misdirection is but maybe I'm not far enough into the series?

14. Garrett

“the Dark One is touching the pattern” with that image instead of like… the Forsaken.

15. ChaseTx

Just got to where you start to learn what balefire actually does and I'm very psyched to see where that goes

Garrett and Vivatoto like this.
  16. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Balefire is one of the most interesting fantasy ideas I’ve come across.

ChaseTx and Garrett like this.
  17. ChaseTx

I have a question about stilling -- tried to look up the answers in the Wikia but it's littered with spoilers

what is the effect of stilling on the person's appearance? I'm in The Fires Of Heaven, Siuan and Leane have been stilled and it seems like they aren't being recognized by people they've met before. I think what the book says specifically is that they lose the agelessness, and that Siuan is prettier than she was when she was younger. She's also being treated like a very young person and I'd imagined her as being more middle aged... with Aes Sedai age is weird to think about

18. Garrett

From what we can gather, it removes the agelessness but keeps the perks of having previously touched the power, at least in the women. Suian and Leane are both quite young (like 40-ish) for Aes Sedai, so instead of being ageless and very powerful, now they just look very, very good, haha. But also, agelessness is one of the less defined concepts in the books.

ChaseTx likes this.
  19. ChaseTx

thanks! I was caught off guard by other characters treating them like they were late teens/early 20s. That and people being like "y'know I met the Amyrlin once!" to Siuan

20. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

So this is out

21. ChaseTx

theagentcoma likes this.
  22. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

I just got a very strong urge to start a re-read.

I am so excited to read the prologue.

Richter915 and Garrett like this.
  23. Garrett

Because of the show, books 1-5 are in the top 100 on Audible and the first two are in the top 20 of the kindle store. I hope this leads to even more fantasy fans.

24. Garrett

Lord of Chaos has joined the Audible top 100. Yesssssss. Welcome new friends.

Richter915 likes this.
  25. ChaseTx

In the last couple chapters of Fires of Heaven wow wow wow

no way either Moiraine or Lanfear are actually dead lol

spiffa0, Garrett and Vivatoto like this.