Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Wheel Of Time (Amazon Prime) TV Show • Page 8

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by GBlades, Jun 20, 2019.

1. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

That looks like Elayne alright

2. ChaseTx

In my mind I picture Natasha Liu Bordizzo as Lanfear and I'm not ready for that to be shattered

3. GBlades

Trusted

Today makes up for those posters.

4. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Clip looks incredible. Love Nynaeve's reaction when Lan walks in. Little glimpse of the world felt great to me. I actually really like the poster where the Myrdraal has his mouth closed. The skull thing on the horse looks awesome, and I love the glimpse of the Trollocs as well. The poster where the Myrdraal is screaming or whatever is alright too, but it looks more generic to me, little details aren't as cool, and it sucks that he looks a lot like the no-nosed bad guy Ralph Fiennes plays in the Harry Potter movies. Not in action so far from what I've seen, just specifically in that poster.

Garrett likes this.
  5. GBlades

Trusted

Trolloc!

Brother Beck likes this.
  6. GBlades

Trusted

Its all kicking off now!

7. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

yes yes yes

Brother Beck and GBlades like this.
  8. GBlades

Trusted

9. Garrett

Before I make my next comment... you've finished the series, right?

10. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

hoo boy definitely going to be avoiding this thread until I've read more of the books

ChaseTx likes this.
  11. GBlades

Trusted

Yup!

12. Garrett

Do you think they’re combining Taim and Logain into one character? I was hoping they’d fix the Taim is Demandred thing, but now I’m leaning towards them combining the two.

13. GBlades

Trusted

yeah it looks like it. Rafe did say that he was expanding Logains story because he enjoyed the character. I think that would work well for tv.

14. GBlades

Trusted

Thom and the Whitecloaks! And BRAID TUGGING!

Brother Beck and Garrett like this.
  15. Garrett

When I watched that earlier and she slung her braid to side I shrieked. I've waited for so long.

GBlades likes this.
  16. Garrett

coleslawed, Brother Beck and ChaseTx like this.
  17. Garrett

Potentially a very good sign for this series is that Eye of the World just returned to the NYT bestsellers list for audio.

I’ve been wondering/waiting for Audible to do a big push on it, but if it’s selling that well on its own, they may not have to.

GBlades, ChaseTx and Brother Beck like this.
  18. GBlades

Trusted

Rosamund Pike now narrating EOTW for Nov 16 release too

coleslawed and Brother Beck like this.
  19. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

What do you mean, like a new version of the audiobook...???

20. Garrett

Yup.

Brother Beck likes this.
  21. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

That's really cool! I had no idea.

Looks like they're gonna get me for another $57.95 or whatever it was haha !!

22. Garrett

They just announced it today!

Kinda hoping they do a special on it because Amazon owns the show, but who knows. I use credits mostly for the fantasy behemoths.

Brother Beck likes this.
  23. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

It kills me, because they're really the only type of books I like to get on audiobook, and they're so pricey, because it seems like they usually charge by length. I love them though, so it's totally worth it for me.

I do read some other types of books when I have the time, but fantasy seems like the only ones I want on audiobook, I think because I listen to these at night to help relax and get ready to sleep.

24. Garrett

You will get no shade from me. I have over 400 audiobooks, so it's a bit of a problem. But pretty much the only way I've read for 4-5 years now. My brain is shot with using my eyes lately (I hate it).

Brother Beck likes this.
  25. ChaseTx

I usually only do audiobooks from hoopla or Libby or whatever. I wish there was a good non-Amazon competitor to Audible