Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Wheel of Time (Robert Jordan) Book • Page 18

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Vivatoto, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Kingkiller felt like Gary Stu fanfic for me. And I wanted to like it. I truly did.

2. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Months?? Not years?? :(

Shrek likes this.
  3. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Kingkiller felt like fluff after Malazan, not gonna lie

4. Garrett

I read the first nine books of WoT in one month one time. I miss my high school reading speed.

5. ChaseTx

I just finished TGH the other day after reading for two months. Even if I read consistently every day I can't see me finishing one of these in less than a month.

Plus I don't like to read novels in a series back to back so I guess I'll be done in a couple years

:cringe:

Shrek likes this.
  6. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

a mere couple of chapters into Eye of the World but already smitten with it. the Tolkien comparisons aren’t unearned, but in comparison the exposition and basic rules/concepts of the world are delivered in a way that i can get all the understanding i need from context clues etc, rather than consulting a glossary or rereading a page a couple of times.

Garrett L. and Vivatoto like this.
  7. Garrett

Richter915 likes this.
  8. Shrek

so tl;dr 200 pages in: men suck, women are the ones keeping the world from falling apart and are at best underappreciated for it and persecuted for it at worst.

i thought this was fantasy, not prophecy!

also it is very very good

ChaseTx and Vivatoto like this.
  9. Garrett

Not All Men*

*Lan

Shrek likes this.
  10. Shrek

like a bit ago i read a scene where Rand was gonna apologize to Egwene for being a dick but before he even engaged her she turned to face the fire and he was like “well nvm fuck her then if she’s gonna be like that”. cmon man

ChaseTx likes this.
  11. ChaseTx

All of the Emonds Fielders are super frustrating in book 1, except probably Egwene

In book 2 Nynaeve makes some huge strides and becomes one of my favorites. Rand is still irritating though

12. Garrett

I’m sure most of y’all feel me here

ChaseTx, theagentcoma and GBlades like this.
  13. GBlades

Trusted

Voted Amazon Prime's most anticipated series over Lord of the Rings, I'm hoping for GoT level budget but I know we gotta earn that... If executed correctly then it could be one of the best fantasy tv series ever.

14. theagentcoma

ok if this show actually becomes a thing I promise I'll read the books

Richter915 likes this.
  15. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

agree, I should get back into it, a tv series will motivate me to do it.

16. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

After an extended break I'm getting back into WoT, started book 10 last night.

Richter915 and scottlechowicz like this.
  17. tucah

not champ Prestigious

We have our first piece of casting.

18. Garrett

Oooooooooooh

19. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Wow. Solid choice

20. GBlades

Trusted

Good to see such a good actress take on the role. With Judkins, Pike and now Sanderson's name getting more recognition; I can only get more excited

21. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Oh wow. That is PHENOMENAL casting. I have a love / hate relationship with the books in this series - I love the first few but always end up throwing in the towel around Book 4. I was looking forward to this series, but that announcement has made my anticipation skyrocket.

22. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Literally who I pictured reading the books. Love it.

Brother Beck likes this.
  23. theagentcoma

whoa now you have my attention

Brother Beck likes this.
  24. GBlades

Trusted

Garrett L. and Brother Beck like this.
  25. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

Man I wish I liked this as much as some people. I just finished book 10 and these last 3 books have been an absolute chore to get through. I wonder if my choice to listen to them was a mistake, maybe i'd feel differently reading them? I don't know. But it's impossible for me to keep all of these female characters straight and it just feels like sometimes he'll spend what feels like a zillion years talking about stuff that to me doesn't really move the plot forward at all.

theagentcoma and Brother Beck like this.