Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Wheel Of Time (Amazon Prime) TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by GBlades, Jun 20, 2019.

1. GBlades Jun 20, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 21, 2021)
    GBlades

Trusted

[​IMG]

Rafe Judkins
    is bringing The Wheel of Time, a series of high fantasy novels written by American author Robert Jordan, to television. The Wheel of Time spanned fourteen volumes, in addition to a prequel novel and two companion books. Jordan began writing the first volume, The Eye of the World, in 1984, and it was published in January 1990. Brandon Sanderson completed the series upon Jordan's death in 2007.

Casting:

Moiraine Damodred - Rosamund Pike
    Rand Al'Thor - Josha Stradowski
    Mat Cauthon - Barney Harris/Donal Finn
    Perrin Aybara - Marcus Rutherford
    Nynaeve -
    Zoë Robins
    Egwene Al'Vere - Madeleine Madden
    al’Lan Mandragoran - Daniel Henney
    Tam Al'Thor - Michael McElhatton
    Thom Merrilin - Alexandre Willaume
    Logain - Alvaro Morte
    Loial - Hammed Animashaun
    Padan Fain - Johann Myers

coleslawed and Brother Beck like this.
  2. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I hope this gets GoT big just so I get as much as possible.

3. GBlades

Trusted

I think it has the potential to be just as big, if done right obviously. Hopefully the next few cast announcements big it up that little bit more.

I think people are concerned that Moiraine is the "lead" but Eye of the World did have her as a major character and announcing Rand as the lead would give away the Dragon reveal for the average tv goer.

Garrett L. likes this.
  4. Garrett

Just in case since we’re not in the books thread.

She is a good centering choice. Makes the audience an unofficial member of the main five from the start. We learn as they do.

5. GBlades

Trusted

Spoilers totally slipped past me, thanks for editing it. Hopefully some more big names get attached to this.

6. Garrett

There’s a guy on Freeform’s The Bold Type that would be a great Mat. But I doubt that happens.

7. GBlades

Trusted

Yeah it's gonna be a hard choice because of how long the series may be. Although Series 1 covers TEOTW and TGH. I'm excited for Rand and Lan casting news.

8. tucah

not champ Prestigious

subbing

i'm excited, will be more so if i eventually get around to reading more

9. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I definitely haven't seen anything with Rosamund Pike

Is this gonna be a straightforward adaptation or something else

10. GBlades

Trusted

She's in Gone Girl, probably the only thing of her's I've seen. Supposedly it's a straight up adaptation.

I can already picture the Funko pops!

ChaseTx likes this.
  11. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Brother Beck likes this.
  12. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Or from the official Twitter, with Nynaeve too

13. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Brother Beck and scottlechowicz like this.
  14. @@ron

Regular

If I were to start reading this, should I start with the prequel? Or in the order of release?

Brother Beck likes this.
  15. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

The latter.

Brother Beck and @@ron like this.
  16. Garrett

I am absolutely here for the casting abandoning all the “written” descriptions. Except Rand. He’s kinda got to be a ginger for a reason. I don’t know that that dude will look like Rand even with dye.

Brother Beck likes this.
  17. GBlades

Trusted

Updated first post with the new cast details:
    [​IMG]

18. Garrett

I need Ultimate Bae Elayne now please. And Min. And Loial. And motherfuggin Lan al’Mandragoran. And the whole series kthx

19. GBlades

Trusted

I'm surprised they didnt announce Thom or Lan (they even joked about Bela) but I'm excited that this is moving forward.

20. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I am not familiar with any of these actors, but I have to say, they all look fantastic.

Actually seeing some casting is starting to make this feel real. It is exciting. I feel like I have been reading about a possible on again / off again adaptation of these books for like 20 years now...

Garrett L. likes this.
  21. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

What is the reason? I have never finished the books.

22. Helloelloallo

Trusted Supporter

I think everyone looks close enough to the descriptions in the books that I'm okay with it, but I am confused how they are going to handle the whole 'Rand' sticks out like a sore thumb from everyone else in the two rivers, now that we have a mix of
    ethnicities.

I think it adds to the theory that it will be more of a mystery at the beginning where each of the character's arcs aren't quite as obvious and maybe that will work for the show. For the novel, it didn't take long before we all knew what/who Rand was and where he was from.

Garrett L. likes this.
  23. Garrett

He’s Aiel and no one else in EF is.

Brother Beck likes this.
  24. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I figure maybe they'll change the red hair for Aiel thing, and maybe give them some other defining characteristic.

25. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I was thinking this too. I'm guessing that just won't be a thing that's brought up in the serie