Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Top Albums of 2018 (So Far) • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 3, 2018.

1. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Hayley is a front runner for me as well, glad to see more love for her.

K0ta likes this.
  2. manoverboard679

If you have to ask, you can't afford it

Needs more We Were Sharks

3. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

That's one opinion.

Butinsmallsteps likes this.
  4. Another one I got into after lists had been submitted. Having never really loved their past work, I can't get enough of it. Top five for me now.

FTank and Jason Tate like this.
  5. Vs.

Regular

Yeah, I gotcha. That makes sense. I've been listening to Panic's new album an unhealthy amount, so it's just on my mind, ha. Haven't enjoyed an album front to back like this in a while.

Great list though. Really diverse and gives me a lot of stuff to dig through. I might have to give The Neighborhood's new album another try. I liked the lead single, but I just couldn't get into the full album when I first listened to it.

Jason Tate likes this.
  6. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Aaron Mook likes this.
  7. serotonin

who told you this room exists? Supporter

I like the album for what it is, but there were plenty of people that were not fans.

upload_2018-7-4_8-56-25.png

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  8. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

It’s still not “opinion” to say the album was generally well received lol

Jake W likes this.
  9. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Great to see this article. Lots of great artists here. So much good music at the moment - I get stuck balancing the desire to give albums the attention they deserve and the desire to listen to as much new music as possible. Oh and my bank balance!

So many albums here that I've not heard.

Particularly enjoyed the Underoath album write up - I really like that album but it took me a few listens to dive properly into it.

10. Toner

A Welshy in London Supporter

Wow. Obviously need to check out the Brian Fallon album a bit more. I loved a few songs off it, but never really got into the routine of listening to the album as a whole.

I'm quite surprised at how The Dangerous Summer fared given their status on this website a few years back. That's actually one of my favourites of this year.

11. It's been less than a month and the second half of my list already looks quite a bit different, haha

More people should check out Caroline Rose!!

12. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Lord Huron, The Aces, Middle Kids, and CHVRCHES is a great top 4

paythetab and Essie like this.
  13. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

Just barely missed my top 20, still an amazing album. It’s so much fun. I’m real upset I had to miss her live last week, but it was a Tuesday and a three hour drive :(

Aaron Mook likes this.
  14. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

So many incredible albums from the first half of 2018, but Middle Kids, No Thank You, and Half Waif have been pulling most of my attention

15. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

never been a big country fan but holy moly the kacey album and the american aquarium albums may finish high on my list. “Rainbow” on Kaceys album is amazing.

Craig Manning and Jason Tate like this.
  16. foomanfat

Regular

No love for The Armed, eh?

17. KyleK Jul 4, 2018
    (Last edited: Jul 4, 2018)
    KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

This list introduced me to Spanish Love Songs (which I'm listening to at the moment), and I'm glad I didn't go another day without hearing this!

Most of my faves made the lists, and I'd say Scott's most closely reflects mine.

Not saying I'd have expected it to make the list, or even necessarily that it should, but I've really been loving the Longshot and Lazerbeak album Parades. Always interesting to hear the Doomtree crew with other collaborators.

Edit: And thinking further, other 2018 favourites I haven't seen anyone mention are Mastersystem, Hussey, and Cancer Bats. I've really enjoyed 2018 so far.

sawhney[rusted]2 and Jason Tate like this.
  18. Spenny

Regular

No particular order, but my top 20:
    Janelle Monae - Dirty Computer
    Kacey Musgraves - Golden Hour
    Panic! At the Disco - Pray for the Wicked
    Cardi B - Invasion of Privacy
    Camila Cabello - Camila
    Fall Out Boy - M A N I A
    Betty Who - Betty, Pt. 1
    The Wonder Years - Sister Cities
    Saara Aalto - Wild Wild Wonderland
    Madame Monsieur - Vu d'ici
    Anne-Marie - Speak Your Mind
    BLACKPINK - SQUARE UP
    Hayley Kiyoko - Expectations
    Kali Uchis - Isolation
    Charlie Puth - Voicenotes
    Courtney Barnett - Tell Me How You Really Feel
    Bebe Rexha - Expectations
    Father John Misty - God's Favorite Customer
    The Carters - EVERYTHING IS LOVE
    Tove Styrke - Sway

Five most anticipated for the rest of the year:
    Years & Years - Palo Santo
    Ariana Grande - Sweetener
    The 1975 - A Brief Inquiry into Online Relationships
    Thrice - TBA
    Troye Sivan - Bloom

Biggest disappointments:
    Justin Timberlake - Man of the Woods
    Florence + the Machine - High as Hope

skogsraet likes this.
  19. Spenny

Regular

Solid list overall! A bit surprised there was no love for Kali Uchis or Hayley Kiyoko though.

skogsraet, Jason Tate and tyramail like this.
  20. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

I feel like Hayley Kiyoko is on the verge of blowing up. She did Late Night with Seth Meyers, sold out her whole headlining tour and is about to tour with Panic!. I saw her on the Expectations tour and she was amazing, she deserves to get huge (although I'll cry paying arena prices).

Eclipse, Spenny and Jason Tate like this.
  21. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Agreed! I feel really lucky to have seen her in a 700 cap room on that tour because I’m sure she’ll blow up by her next headliner.

Spenny likes this.
  22. So it goes

I wasn't surprised at all to find it absent from this site's list. It is an incredible album that is getting a ton of positive attention and write-ups from online music communities around the net, but this site consistently doesn't recognize them for some reason. Not upset about it or anything, just calling it like I see it. Anyway, that record is amazing and the band is benefiting from it greatly in terms of a fast growing fan base.

23. The Sidekicks - Happiness Hours • chorus.fm

Album - The Sidekicks - Happiness Hours (May 18, 2018)

24. So it goes

25. Personal music opinions :shrug:

But the site definitely talks about them a lot.

Aaron Mook and Craig Manning like this.