Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Shape Of Water (Guillermo Del Toro, December 8,2017) Movie • Page 7

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Like the creature's pool, this thread has a high salt content

2. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Didn't realize witnessing a mild misunderstanding was grounds for getting Mad Online™

3. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

I am wrong indeed.

Also didn’t mean for it to seem salty, I apologize. It didn’t read that way to me but Seeing how quickly it got you defensive it’s clear that some fault lays on me.

More importantly, good for GDT.

4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Michael Shannon is a national treasure

5. We'll take all the wins we can get.

Raku likes this.
  6. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I love that they’re friends

Raku, coleslawed, flask and 2 others like this.
  7. dlemert

Trusted

Finally got around to this last night, it was good but was by no means my favorite of the best picture nominees that I've seen and also not my favorite del Toro movie either. Production design Oscar was well deserved though. Also I'm happy for his Director win but feel like he earned it based more on his entire body of work than on this particular movie.

And call me a prude, but I really feel like the moments of extreme violence and graphic sex undercut the potential whimsy del Toro was going for. It felt like he was really trying to hammer home the idea of this being a fairy tale for adults, but my eyes were definitely rolling a time or two.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  8. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

I enjoyed this movie, wasn't my favorite of the bunch, but it was good.

And with the way that the movie was filmed, I think it did similar things and elicited similar feelings to La La Land.

I really would like to see this movie as a stage play. It would translate really well.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  9. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Hell yeah

I know he's always working on 8000 projects simultaneously

10. Finally got around to this. I liked it as I was watching (so strange and beautiful, visually and otherwise), but I'm starting to love it the more it sits with me. For some reason, I can't stop thinking about it and I feel like I'm still unpacking certain things. Loved the idea of 'others' (women, POC, LGBTQ+) working together in the face of oppression (Michael Shannon's character), and the setting melded with the fairy tale elements was fantastic.

also, I never should've doubted GDT, but yeah, the intimate stuff was done so much more gracefully than I was expecting

11. Raku

Regular

I finally got around to watching this film last night, and I can't stop thinking about it. Hopefully 'The Shape of Water' gets a sequel because so far I'm loving this world set up by GDT.

12. Kuri44

Premiered on HBO last night. I’m about 40 min in and loving it way more than I had already expected to.

13. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Finally saw this and all I can say is ehhhh

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  14. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

hulu 2/15

flask likes this.
  15. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

still remember how whelmed i was when this got the big prize

16. Got this text from my mom a couple of weeks back