Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Official Country Music Thread Genre • Page 116

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Craig Manning, Mar 15, 2016.

1. jdr2187 Feb 16, 2021
    (Last edited: Feb 16, 2021)
    jdr2187

jdr2187

I made a thread for discussing artists and albums that fall into to the Instrumental/American Primitive Guitar (William Tyler, John Fahey, Daniel Bachman, etc.) category. I’ve been on a big kick lately so I figured there might be others around here that are fans as well.

American Primitive Guitar • forum.chorus.fm

2. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Psyched for this:

Ferrari333SP and Slangster like this.
  3. Craig Manning

The new Carly Pearce EP is a nice bounce back from a pretty middling sophomore album. I'm especially fond of this closing track:

Brent and cshadows2887 like this.
  4. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

5. Cliché Guevara

the scales always find a way to level out Supporter

I'm really enjoying the two instrumental albums Andrew Marlin (from Mandolin Orange) released this month. The second one came out just yesterday.

This song in particular is just winter music in its purest, most beautiful form to me.

6. jdr2187

jdr2187

cshadows2887 likes this.
  7. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

8. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Still obsessed with that Wyoming track

9. Craig Manning

Missed this the first time, but it's lovely. So different from what they introduced her with a few years ago, but an equally great fit for her voice.

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  10. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

This was my first introduction to her, and so going back and listening to her older material it's a fairly big contract in styles, haha. Her voice have that deeper southern Georgia drawl, and this new style suits it better I think. Sounds like she's had this song for like 15 years, but just never got around to putting it out. She's apparently in the Naval Reserves of all things right now, haha, but hopefully she's working on new music

11. CellarGhosts

Trusted Prestigious

not country really, but he's got that heartland rock/Bruce thing going (think the last Ryan Culwell album, The Killers) and I've been enjoying his album; only just discovered it even tho it came out in 2019.

12. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Might be time to make a thread for this album. The chorus repetition of “heart” will either annoy you or endear you.

Fave part is obviously the second verse: “if love’s like drawing cards with a whiskey gypsy, / she’s a glass half full, take a pull, and a glass half empty.”

13. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

I think people will dig Olivia Ellen Lloyd. Looks like it's her debut album out today

Ferrari333SP and Craig Manning like this.
  14. Craig Manning

Never heard of her, but that first song is damn good! Will check out the album.

15. Ferrari333SP Feb 26, 2021
    (Last edited: Feb 26, 2021)
    Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

This is really really good

phaynes12 likes this.
  16. Dave Diddy

I really like that Carly Pearce EP after what I have to agree was a pretty meh sophomore effort

17. Dave Diddy

More country adjacent but just discoved this Andy Golledge EP from last year and it's good

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  18. jdr2187

jdr2187

Wow, horrible news.

19. Dave Diddy

Have we talked about Sam Williams in here before? And yes he's from THAT Williams family

20. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

Dang, this song is really good.

21. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Oh man that new Carly Pearce EP is awesome

Craig Manning likes this.
  22. Craig Manning

I’ve been spinning it a lot. A big bounce back from an album that I found to be a pretty textbook sophomore slump.

cshadows2887 likes this.
  23. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

where tf has james mcmurtry been

DaydreamNation likes this.
  24. Random shower though, but I'm dying for a new Catherine McGrath album... How has that girl not blown the hell up yet?

Craig Manning likes this.
  25. jdr2187

jdr2187

He claimed to have a new album done like 2 years ago. My guess is he’s waiting till he can tour again. I think I remember him saying the only reason he even makes albums anymore is when ppl stop showing up to hear the old stuff.

DaydreamNation and phaynes12 like this.