Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Housekeeping, Decorating, and Furnishing Thread • Page 28

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by ChaseTx, Mar 13, 2016.

1. Iain

Regular

Did some fence painting today. Started painting my side of a boundary fence and the neighbour came over with a bit of aggro about the fence. As a first time home owner, I probably should with hindsight have said to them before getting the paint out. Rookie error. Thankfully, I have a solicitor relative who re-assured me i was legally ok to actually paint it which was my thoughts. As I cant be arsed with any grief, i have tried to defuse the situation with a crate of beer!

Anyone else had a similar situ?

Serenity Now likes this.
  2. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Not similar, yet. My wife is very interested in putting up a fence in our backyard at some point. I suspect it will aggravate neighbors. Luckily we have a number of other projects to get to before that one becomes a more real possibility.

3. SeeTheLights

Trusted Prestigious

Slowly starting to redo my room. Got a new TV stand to put my shit in and not have clutter the top of my dresser and better cord management for the xbox/PlayStation/Apple TV.

Also Hue lights are still my favorite thing.

12F76E85-5030-4026-A130-6381C61F48D5.jpeg
    D73C066B-901B-4CC1-8E8E-9CBA70FADC17.jpeg

E5E29B2E-AE48-4B78-8BD4-6A6C1894DF72.jpeg

coleslawed, Cameron, RJ Knorr and 2 others like this.
  4. SeeTheLights

Trusted Prestigious

Also, what are y’all’s opinions on area rugs on rugs for bedrooms?

5. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Damn that tv setup is so nice. I definitely want to clean up my living room set up like that eventually.

bigmike likes this.
  6. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I just spent $500 on the HDMI sync box and 3 strips. It was pretty cool, but after a few days I stopped noticing it so I returned it all. Now I'm back to two LED strips for a total of $40.

coleslawed likes this.
  7. SeeTheLights

Trusted Prestigious

I don’t have the sync box or the strips. I tried doing the cheap generic strips from amazon and they did not work great at all, so I gave up and got these. Pricey, but I use them every night

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GXB3S7Z/?tag=absolutepunk-20

8. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

I've always been a little weird with this, but it really depends on whatever your wall to wall carpeting is. If your carpeting is thin and color neutral an area rug would be fine. I'm not sure I'd throw an area rug down on a fluffy burgundy colored carpeting...you know?

9. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

If you ever want to go that route, the Play lights will work with Sync.

When you say you 'use' them every night, do you have to turn them on every time? The ones I use are USB so whenever I power my TV on, they automatically turn on. If I remember, I'll try to take a picture tonight and upload it.

10. SeeTheLights

Trusted Prestigious

By “use” I have the hue Phillips app on my phone. So basically when I get settled for the night, I can just go to the app, turn them on, change the brightness up/down, color etc. I have another bed stand one and tv ones all connected to the main hub.

this is what the app looks like

39DB990D-0FCD-4F0E-B6DF-DE3F97DDB208.png

11. SeeTheLights

Trusted Prestigious

totally agree with that. Basically I’m looking to do that to add some spice or color to my room now since I don’t have much on the walls. My bedding is very “minimal” white and greys so want something that pops

the color of the current wall to wall carpet is from the picture above that I posted

12. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

Nice set up! Is your hue the one that changes depending on what the dominant color or your tv display is or is it just set on a specific color?

13. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

14. SeeTheLights

Trusted Prestigious

I can change the color through the app on my phone but don’t have sync to match with the colors of my tv. Don’t feel the need for that or paying the for that lol

ChrisCantWrite likes this.
  15. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

Okay yea so that's what I have. And same...I feel like the sync may be a little too distracting, but I dunno.

16. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

@SeeTheLights what phone do you have that you got such good dark pics? Here's mine.

Imgur Image

SeeTheLights likes this.
  17. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I had it for about a week, and for gaming it wasn't distracting; it was quite the opposite. I wasn't even noticing it. So for as much as I paid, I returned it all.

18. Just renovated a bedroom and moved my son into it. And by renovated I mean I paid someone to put new floors in. I painted and put new blinds and curtains up lol. Still need to put in a new fan that has a light on it.

MVIMG_20200705_192958.jpg MVIMG_20200705_193002.jpg MVIMG_20200705_193010.jpg

Orla, disambigujason, bigmike and 5 others like this.
  19. SeeTheLights

Trusted Prestigious

looks good! So do you have two different strips so you can the change of both on the back?

And it’s the iPhone 11 Pro Max

20. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, two different strips. TV only has one USB port so I bought a tiny USB hub that splits it into two.

21. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

spiffa0 likes this.
  22. Saygoobu Aug 24, 2020
    (Last edited: Aug 25, 2020)
    Saygoobu

Cool photos! I'm now working with my yard, I want to create some great place for rest here. Gardening is interesting for me but I don't have some big experience. Thanks god there are such blogs like from Johnny Hunt where I can find useful guides and articles with necessary information! Hope all will be good!

Serenity Now likes this.
  23. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

What are you planting? We planted tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, peas, and cauliflower this year and all of them were rookie-proof.

24. eight30

Regular

I just bought a townhouse and it feels so good to have a place fully mine to decorate as I please. It’s expensive though, haha.

25. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I swear I’m fucking cursed with this sprinkler/pipe repair shenanigans. Ugh.

ChrisCantWrite likes this.