Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread [Archived] Movie • Page 556

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. How is Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark? Anyone seen it yet? Looks like it has a 92% on RT right now which seems pretty high for a scary movie! Definitely more intrigued now.

2. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

going at 7!

currytheword and bradsonemanband like this.
  3. BackyardHero11

Trusted

BirthMoviesDeath and Film Schools Rejects both seem to be stoked on it.

Only mixed things I've seen are how some react to how the stories connect but everyone seems to agree the scares and VFX are great and it's a solid addition to great kids horror films. definitely high on my list this weekend.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  4. currytheword

Trusted

I want to see that so bad tonight but no one will go.

5. go alone. problem solved!

currytheword and BackyardHero11 like this.
  6. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

you should still go!

currytheword and bradsonemanband like this.
  7. BackyardHero11

Trusted

saw 11 movies in the past 2 months, all by myself, no shame.

8. no shame here either! at a movie theater, i'm not talking to my friends next to me, so it's basically like i'm alone even when i go with someone. so to me there's no real difference other than i can't talk to them about it afterward. that's why we have this site though, right?! haha

BackyardHero11 likes this.
  9. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I thought Halloween was silly. The How Did It Get Made episode for it is hilarious and I listen to it regularly.

Vivatoto likes this.
  10. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Scary Stories was a lot of fun! Tbh I was a little let down, but I think my expectations were a bit high and I was craving some of the nostalgia that came with first reading those stories when I was a lot younger. It's a good mix of YA/really effective creature design for everyone. Great gateway movie for anyone who is younger and wants to get into spookier stuff.

zigbigwig and BackyardHero11 like this.
  11. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Were they adaptations of the stories from the original books?

12. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Yeah so they create this mythology that ties everything together and allows the stories from the original books to exist in. They change a few things, but it's very minimal. The essence of the stories that they use is completely there and the design work is great. Definitely left open for a sequel as a way to use more of the original stories.

Colby Searcy and Jake Gyllenhaal like this.
  13. BackyardHero11

Trusted

I had to look it up to see if they were talking about the original Halloween, but it looks like it was Season of the Witch. I was like they did what?? haha

14. BackyardHero11

Trusted

Watched Jason Takes Manhattan last night. once he fiiinally got to Manhattan haha. thought I was being lied to haha. it wasn't great but it was fun, kind of how I've felt for most of the F13 movies. he saved a girl by murdering a rapist, so maybe he's not all bad! haha

Jason Goes to Hell and Jason X aren't streaming anywhere right now though, ugggh so close!

estebanwaseaten likes this.
  15. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Do yourself a favor and never watch Jason goes to Hell.

16. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

I feel like they both were on Netflix not terribly long ago

17. BackyardHero11

Trusted

they were, I didn't see them on any list of leaving Netflix, but alas haha

estebanwaseaten likes this.
  18. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Lol yeah, I meant Halloween 3.

BackyardHero11 likes this.
  19. drewinseries

Drew

Just watched A Dark Song, very much liked it. Hauntingly beautiful.

MrDaveH and BirdPerson like this.
  20. Bought the Scary Stories box set yesterday, went through them today. I'd actually never read the second and third ones before. The stories would've scared me as a kid. The illustrations still do. Not sure when I'll watch the movie, but I'm hyped.

21. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Just watched Halloween 2. This might be blasphemy, but I think I prefer it over the original.

BKO5950505 and Aaron Mook like this.
  22. Halloween 2 is cool because of this scene.

[​IMG]

chewbacca110, Matt and 333 GANG like this.
  23. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Surprised nobody has brought up The Hunt being “cancelled”

24. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Ah didn’t know there was a thread

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.