Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Devil Wears Prada Band • Page 21

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Eric Wilson, Jul 15, 2016.

1. DarknessInRed

Regular

Saw them live for the first time in April on the below tour! They were amazing and definitely need to see them on a headlining tour. I was surprised they played some oldies!

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  2. azzy01

Regular

Tbh, they've been on an upward trajectory since the Space ep (aka, when Kyle joined). Nothing has touched The Act for me although I do admit that ZII and the singles are stronger than most of their material prior to the Act. Either way, extremely excited for this and crazy genius to be dropping this after their Zombie tour, which will definitely get fans hyped since it's some of their most beloved material.

3. 333 GANG

ACAB

The singles and the last EP are great, but it was The Act that reignited my interest in this band.

Excited for a new record

4. goosetoph

u wut m8?

What they perfected on The Act was the dual, overlapping, back and forth clean and unclean vocals. Mike and Jeremy play so well off each other. Also, The Thread is probably one of their best songs to date.

5. Michael Belt

metadata incarnate Supporter

new album Color Decay drops September 16. single is badass.

Crisp X likes this.
  6. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

7. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Got both the Rock Sound grey variant and the Exhibition variant.

8. 333 GANG

ACAB

This record is gonna be a good one

9. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

10. Listening to "The Act" for the first time (I haven't listened to the band since 8:18) and this ruuuuules.

11. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

My tour date is the first on this ABR run and is exactly 1 week away. Been listening to Color Decay to get myself hyped. I figure they'll play 9 songs, so I'm hoping to hear:

Exhibition/Salt/Watchtower
    Nightfall/Termination/
    Escape/Outnumbered
    Mammoth/Dead Throne/Born to Lose

If I get to hear the bulk of those I'll be happy

12. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

Semi-set-spoiler:

I don’t know what it was, but I think the newer songs just don’t transition well into a live setting. Maybe I was too far back in the venue (got off late and it was packed), but the slower songs felt so “lifeless”.

Watchtower sounds INCREDIBLE live, and Mike truly killed it on Dead Throne. It truly makes me yearn for those lows contrasting so distinctly with his highs that he had on that album which I don’t think we’ll ever get again. Mostly due to him needing to switch up his singing style.

I think it would have been a lot better if this were a TDWP headliner and they could play more songs and have these slower songs balance out the set. It just kinda took the life out of the set and the crowd. Will continue to see them again!

AgonizingFir likes this.