Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Death of the Electric Guitar • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Very interesting, I played through a Crate back in my more metal days haha but that Vintage Club 30 does look more my speed now. I'll have to try one out, thank you!

2. jpmalone4

Stay Lucky Supporter

Guitar is so last century.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  3. drewinseries

Drew

That's why people write off/don't really know about older crate models IMO. No problem!

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  4. Davjs

Trusted

I know you are joking, but you are spot on with first 5 statements.

5. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Led Zeppelin sucks

Raku, Dirty Sanchez and CoffeeEyes17 like this.
  6. Davjs

Trusted

skogsraet, nl5011 and PandaBear! like this.
  7. CoffeeEyes17 Jun 23, 2017
    (Last edited: Jun 25, 2017)
    CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

imagine being the exact type of person that post is parodying and agreeing on it without a modicum of self awareness

8. TedSchmosby

Trusted

After a few months of playing you'll be at a point where no one will know you're learning late in life, if that's what you're worried about

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  9. Iamhollywood315

Regular

I have an Epiphone Les Paul and it works for me. I don't need the Gibson name as I'm not that good of a player or have enough money for one.

skogsraet, Barcara and Fucking Dustin like this.
  10. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

T-Pain is better than Kiss

11. DooDooBird

Trusted

Man, you sound like you're nuts. It costs very little to introduce your kid to a guitar. You can buy a great starter electric guitar kit (includes guitar, amp, gig bag, cable... all that shit) for like $120. That is very fucking reasonable. Hell, you should introduce a guitar to your child by getting an acoustic anyways... that's the best way to develop calloused fingers and learn. Get you a starter acoustic for $50 for your kid to learn. It's a one time purchase. I don't understand how any responsible adult couldn't afford this.

And your statement about guitarists now days being better than ever or some shit... pump the brakes on that nonsense.

12. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

They are though. With the exception of the handful of icons/innovators like Hendrix, there are countless guitarists that are as good or better than any guitarist from 60s/70s/80s.

13. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

Not my favorite...but at least is outside of the box. Guitars need to stay relevant!

Davjs and morken like this.
  14. Fucking Dustin

Why would I buy my kids a brand new guitar when I have two in my room already? It makes no sense. And "can afford" is VERY different than "should afford". Of course I can get my child a $50 acoustic if I want, but it doesn't mean it's the most important thing that $50 can go towards.

And guitarists are better now. That's obvious by looking at nearly everything bands write now.

15. Fucking Dustin

Also $50-120 is entirely irrelevant to the discussion in the first place because this article is about guitar giants. We're talking about Gibson Les Pauls and American Strats.

ChrisCantWrite likes this.
  16. jorbjorb

7 rings

I can never have too many guitars

Robk, aoftbsten and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  17. Raditz

SSJ

Most depressing thing I have seen in the past week. Blasted.

Raku likes this.
  18. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

I'm completely biased but, I honestly hope that guitars, drums, bass, like, a band...becomes prevalent in pop music again. It makes me sound old, but there's something so honest and real and human about people actually playing instruments.

19. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Guitars drums and bass are the only instruments everything else is hogwash

Raku, Robk and Petit nain des Îles like this.
  20. Fucking Dustin

Brass bands only

Robk and coleslawed like this.
  21. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

pop music will be the best when it's literally created by artificial intelligence

22. The_Effort

Regular Supporter

Fly shit only

my phone kept trying to correct that to "flu shot only" lol

Raku, skogsraet and Fucking Dustin like this.
  23. Crisp X Jun 25, 2017
    (Last edited: Jun 25, 2017)
    This thread is lame. People who blindly worship ~real instruments~ are lame. Overpriced guitars are lame, and I say that as a left handed guitarist, so I know how much of a pain in the ass it is, especially in France. This is a good thing, we're not in the fucking 70s anymore. Lots of genres and subgenres have been created and continue to show us how creative music can be when it's not restricted to the overdone guitar-driven conventions. People realized you didn't have to be a guitarist to be respected as a musician. The rise of electronic and pop music and everything that's in between are the best things that have happened to music, because finally, you can now do anything you want with softwares, tho there will always be weird criticisms about that being not authentic, real, tr00, human, passionate, etc. which just comes down to a fear of change. Let's think outside the box, and the easiest way to do that is to stop viewing every genres as lesser than rock and to not be afraid to drop the most conventional instruments.

AndrewSoup, cybele, skogsraet and 5 others like this.
  24. The_Effort

Regular Supporter

Hey you take that back! Some overpriced guitars are cool!

I'd buy a Suhr probably if I was filthy rich.

Raku likes this.
  25. oneeightytwo

Regular

I love Fenders but Music man make some of the best instruments out there.