The Chorus Music Club Society • Page 406

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by BTDandFeelingThis, Nov 20, 2017.

1. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

I’ve not heard this, I’ll have to check them out.

2. Colin Your Enthusiasm

I can't reset to default. Prestigious

Seems like a good time to mention Even The Trees. Their debut record comes out on Friday but it's been streaming early all week on YouTube. I've only played it once so far but I thought it was a pretty solid post-hardcore release overall. This Ends Now in particular hits hard especially in the second half and the production for an uber small diy band is actually not terrible which is a nice surprise.

If Only Every Day Could Be Like This, by Even the Trees

3. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Supporter

The two songs I heard sound really promising. I look forward to Friday.

4. Colin Your Enthusiasm

I'd say you'll def like the rest of it then. It's a little long but maybe it's because I was working while l was listening to it but I didn't mind the length too much. The closer is an epic length but ya it's a pretty satisfying record overall. A nice throwback to post-hardcore bands of the 2000's which when done right I still do very much like. Gatherers, Sparrows and Thousand Below being other examples.

bachna84, Nate_Johnson and anonimito like this.
  5. Colin Your Enthusiasm

The closer in length is comparable to Timothy by As Cities Burn off of Come Now Sleep.

bachna84, anonimito and Nate_Johnson like this.
  6. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Supporter

That isn't bad. If it keeps your attention then it's totally understandable.

7. Davjs

Trusted

Wow! Thanks guys!

Dude those 2 songs are killer. Such a good sound.

3 songs in and this is my style haha. Their drummer is crazy good!

8. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Supporter

Glad you like it. Check out the whole album when you have time.

anonimito likes this.
  9. Davjs

Trusted

Will do! I can't turn off this Even the Trees album though so maybe afterwards :-)

Sidenote: I love that I always end up liking anything you recommend me though.

anonimito and Nate_Johnson like this.
  10. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Supporter

Great minds think alike!

anonimito and Davjs like this.
  11. Davjs

Trusted

So I think this Even the Trees album sounds kind of like Blindside if they were a lot heavier. I hear it a lot in his scream, even though I think this singer's scream is better.

Am I super off base on this one?

anonimito likes this.
  12. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

I hope you're not off base because now I'm excited

anonimito likes this.
  13. Davjs

Trusted

I really dig it.

You'll also be happy to know I am starting Seinfeld for the first time very soon. Trying to catch up on classic stuff I have overlooked.

14. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

[​IMG]

15. Colin Your Enthusiasm

Glad you're enjoying it. I mentioned this band earlier but didn't post their latest album. Definitely worth checking out as well

16. Colin Your Enthusiasm

They were actually called Gatherer on their first 2 releases and had a different singer. Been enjoying all their stuff lately in between my singer/songwriter binge trifecta of Matthew Mayfield, Andy Shauf and Leif Vollebekk.

Nate_Johnson and anonimito like this.
  17. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Supporter

Album No. 6:

The Blue Stones .png

Something I feel that has been missing in music is just a good ROCK band. On that note, let me introduce you to The Blue Stones. The duo of Tarek Jafar and Justin Tessier from Ontario make good ol' Rock n' Roll and it is fantastic. The fact that just two guys can make this groovy, bluesy, rock record amazes me. I had first heard their single, Black Holes (Solid Ground) on the Sirius XM station, Octane, and was intrigued. Once I heard the album as a whole, it completely blew me away. I love the loose theme of space on the record and it's nod to older bands like Led Zeppelin and Jimi Hendrix while also sitting alongside current bands like The Struts, The White Stripes and The Black Keys.

Some other acts worth mentioning that are doing a great job at keeping rock alive are Royal Tusk, Ghost, Highly Suspect and Badflower. I won't mention that other band that everybody is up in arms about right now. ;-)

RIYL:
    GOOD OL' ROCK N' ROLL

(This song is impressive!)

18. Bad Frequencies

I’m Falling Apart, Inside Your Holographic Heart Supporter

Hey everyone,

Our former club staff @bachna84 is running a secret Santa for chorus this year. Any one here want in?

bachna84 likes this.
  19. Micool1

Trusted Supporter

Time for my 3rd AOTY post. Since I was in "Recommended by @Bad Frequencies" territory for the 2nd one, I'll stay there a little and actually talk about Bad Frequencies by Hawthorne Heights.

D908C647-160E-4678-B67F-F5BCE7980484.jpeg

I was a big fan of their album Skeletons and their EP Hate back when they came out, but hadn't really paid attention to their other releases after that. This album was a nice surprise. I realize now that it should have gotten more attention from me this year. I think this is Hawthorne Heights at the top of their game. This album is full of catchy choruses and some references from past albums. There are still some screaming though and I am not a big fan of their screams.

Recommended tracks: Pink Hearts, The Perfect Way to Fall Apart, Just Another Ghost, Bad Frequencies, Skylark, Push Me Away.

Previous AOTY posts:
    Fall Out Boy - MANIA: The Chorus Music Club Society • Page 401 • forum.chorus.fm

Senses Fail - If There Is Light, It Will Find You: The Chorus Music Club Society • Page 402 • forum.chorus.fm

20. Bad Frequencies

I’m Falling Apart, Inside Your Holographic Heart Supporter

So glad to see you post about this! :heart:

Micool1 and anonimito like this.
  21. Colin Your Enthusiasm

22. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Supporter

23. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Supporter

anonimito and Bad Frequencies like this.
  24. anonimito

Abelian Supporter

25. Colin Your Enthusiasm