Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Chorus Music Club Society • Page 402

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by The Black Parade, Nov 20, 2017.

1. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

What do you think of the new Architects or the new While She Sleeps single?

anonimito likes this.
  2. Davjs

Trusted

Architects are alright. I know they are loved and dunno what doesn't click for me because I love heavy music. I think even though I like the vocals and the heaviness, the guitars don't really do much and the songs get kind of old to me. I'll have to give them more of a shot.

I haven't heard the new While She Sleeps, but their last album was recommended to me in here actually and I dug em.

anonimito likes this.
  3. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

I want long hair just to head bang like him for one day, lol!

anonimito likes this.
  4. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

Time for my second album. This time it will be Senses Fail - If There Is Light, It Will Find You.

453C76FA-7561-42C0-8172-D615F9113C84.jpeg

This album was a very nice surprise since I wasn't really familiar with the band when it got recommended to me in this very club. It is a very personal and emotional album, dealing with Buddy's wife who almost lost her life while giving birth. This album features less screaming and is less aggressive than previous releases, which is something I liked, even though a lot of people don't like the album for that reason. There is still some screaming though, like on standout track First Breath, Last Breath. It had been a long time since I listened to it, but I still love how catchy it is.

Recommended tracks: Double Cross, New Jersey Makes The World Takes, First Breath Last Breath, Ancient Gods, If There Is Light It Will Find You

Previous AOTY posts:

Fall Out Boy - MANIA : The Chorus Music Club Society • Page 401 • forum.chorus.fm

5. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Happy to see underoath make another list, shocked to see atreyu make any haha. I didn’t listen to the whole thing, what’d you like about it/how do you compare it to others?

I think architects can definitely get same-y but after a handful of listens I started to appreciate individual songs a lot more on the new one. May be my favorite by them now.

6. Davjs

Trusted

I feel like the back end of the album is the better half, so give it another listen.

It's their worst album for sure though, but I still found myself loving it. It's a change of pace for sure, super toned down from what the last album was, but every chorus is huge and catchy. With Atreyu I always know I'm getting a sweet guitar solo in every song and I never tier of hearing Brandon's singing voice, it's one of my favorites.

7. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

Glad I recommended it to you :)

anonimito and Micool1 like this.
  8. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

Does the new album sound like Lead Sails Paper Anchor? Because I absolutely loved that album.

anonimito likes this.
  9. Davjs

Trusted

It's more in that vein for sure than anything else they have done. Not too much heavy or screaming. Catchy as hell.

Man, I love Lead Sails so much. It's not up there with Deathgrip, Congregation or Long Live for me, but Lead Sails has some of their very best songs: Lost It, Where Two are One and Doomsday.

anonimito and disambigujason like this.
  10. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

When Two Are One is a fucking jam! I guess I'll have to check out the new one!

anonimito and disambigujason like this.
  11. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

Lead Sails also contains the worst song that they've ever written

disambigujason and Larry David like this.
  12. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

Which one is it?

13. bachna84

disambigujason and Larry David like this.
  14. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

15. Davjs

Trusted

False. Their worst song is "Blind Deaf and Dumb" off the new album. That song sounds like Click Click Boom and is embarrassing.

What song do you hate off Lead Sails though? The only song I don't care of on that album is "No One Cares". Super whinny.

16. bachna84

In all honesty, it's one of the worst songs that I've ever heard in my life haha

17. Davjs

Trusted

Nevermind, I didn't read far enough. Blow rules dude. Wtf.

Micool1 likes this.
  18. Davjs

Trusted

But there are worst songs in Frozen?

19. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

I think we should just let it gooooo. Let it goooooo!

anonimito and Davjs like this.
  20. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

“Blow” made me go from being a big ATreyu fan to being embarrassed to support them publicly

“Blind Deaf And Dumb” Made me never want to listen to another ATreyu record again

They’re both songs that are downright embarrassing lyrically especially

21. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

I ain't embarrassed in the slightest to say that I fucking love Blow.

22. Davjs

Trusted

Blow and Brass Balls are both just fun rock songs that at least have good music in it. Blind Deaf and Dumb has them attempting to do rap rock for some reason haha and doesn't even have compelling music in it. I think they are on two different levels for sure.

23. Davjs

Trusted

But I still get it, both Blow and their sequel song Brass Balls aren't anything like Atreyu has ever done so I can see why some fans might not like it.

Bad Frequencies likes this.
  24. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

So Super Hero starts and what I hear is Aaron Gillespie and M. Shadows and I'm like: "Is this real?"

25. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Blow isn't their worst song but that doesn't make it good either.

anonimito likes this.