Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Chorus.Fm Users Definitive Albums List • Page 56

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by phaynes12, Sep 29, 2020.

1. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I haven't heard the Lorde album.

2. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

Two albums in my top five didn’t crack the top 200, despite being from some huge artists.

Not entirely surprised by The Suburbs, because I feel like Arcade Fire isn’t a well-loved band here.

A little surprised by Sam’s Town.

Craig Manning likes this.
  3. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I couldn’t decide which Killers album felt like it belonged on my list, so I didn’t end up including any of them. They don’t really have a clear all-timer for me, as much as I love them.

Barresi likes this.
  4. I would be so stoked to listen to The Black Parade (and The Con) for the first time

Barresi, Contender and SpyKi like this.
  5. PauLo

43% Burnt

We have loads of hip hop classic threads on here if you wanna check them out. These are the only two from the albums listed, but still plenty to check out!

HIP HOP CLASSICS: Madvillain - Madvillainy • forum.chorus.fm
    HIP HOP CLASSICS: Wu-Tang Clan - Enter The Wu-Tang (36 Chambers) • forum.chorus.fm

6. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I’d go Wu Tang then Illmatic then Madvilliany

If you’re fine with doing Ye, start at College Dropout

7. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

That’s how I felt about Gaslight albums outside T59S. I just didn’t know which one to go with, so ended up not going with any. Even though I’ve probably spent more time with their discography than all but Springsteen.

But currently listening to American Slang again and want to kick my own ass.

Pepetito and Leftandleaving like this.
  8. PauLo

43% Burnt

I would have said the reverse. But they're all classics, so there's no wrong answer.

9. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I always find that people not super into hip hop but into other genres fuck with Wu a lot

10. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

I’m kind of surprised the Joyce Manor s/t cracked the top 200 but Never Hungover Again didn’t.

Barresi likes this.
  11. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

I feel like, given the songwriters I know you like, you could definitely be a big fan of The Weakerthans

12. George

Trusted Prestigious

I listened to a different Weakerthans album while going through some lists in this thread a little while ago - Left and Leaving. I enjoyed it! I just haven't been back to their other albums yet, but I'm sure I would like it too.

Leftandleaving likes this.
  13. S/T is their best record tbf

14. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Them and the Beastie Boys are definitely a gateway drug

OhTheWater likes this.
  15. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

In high school I have a hip hop hating metal head that first Wu-Tang album and he has since transformed into basically a hip hop only guy

16. genericities Dec 4, 2020
    (Last edited: Dec 4, 2020)
    genericities

instagram.com/pegasusrides_

I've heard about half of the top 100, gonna slowly make my way through the rest of it.

Also I forgot to put Astral Weeks on mine :(

e: gonna just bump this record made by a Velvet Underground member, RIYL desolation sprouting warmth & beauty

tomdelonge likes this.
  17. cshadows2887

That’s actually the first time in my whole life I’ve seen someone rep a Nico album that isn’t Chelsea Girl. Cool!

genericities likes this.
  18. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Out of the top 100, I've heard everything but Southeastern, Coheed, White Pony, On Letting Go, and The Con.

More than I wanna count for the next one but I'd estimate maybe like 1/5 of it is unheard?

19. Oh damn forgot about this. After a quick skim I think that the only three from the top 100 that I haven't heard are Lorde, Spanish Love Songs, and the newest of the two Menzingers albums. Many of these are records that I listened to once, didn't like, and didn't return to though so maybe I'll revisit some of those. From the second 200 there are about six or seven more I haven't heard and lots and lots that again I've probably only listened to once.

trevorshmevor and phaynes12 like this.
  20. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

my list was perfect

21. Matthewconte and cshadows2887 like this.
  22. genericities

instagram.com/pegasusrides_

Kate Bush's Hounds of Love is stellar. thanks y'all.

SpyKi and cshadows2887 like this.
  23. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

It’s the best and I shoulda ranked it 2

24. cshadows2887

This was a really nice little piece and reading things like this always fires me up to keep recommending old records and talking about them. Never know who’s going to stumble onto something they love for the first time.

ethansawyer likes this.
  25. One Man's Tracks

Maybe it's because I'm a noob but I'm having a tough time finding this 'list' everyone's talking about.