Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Chorus.fm Staff’s Top Albums of 2017 • Page 4

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 7, 2018.

1. probably because everything since On The Impossible Past has been half-baked *ducks*

2. recall reality

"But existing is basically all I do!" Prestigious

Post Rock Thread

Do Make Say Think was in my top 20. Lots of good stuff last year.

artbynickferran and Bartek T. like this.
  3. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Probably my biggest disappointment of the year, next to Big Boi's album.

4. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

After the Party is a Post-Punk Depression record.

dylan likes this.
  5. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Same here ;d but last year I feel like I didn't listen to that genre too much actually! Thanks for the list, you reminded me of Hidden Hospitals (though I can only find an album from 2015, which I haven't heard anyway). Got excited for new Enemies, too - but "Valuables" came out in 2016 ;( and I had it on my list last year!

Some of those I also really liked, but couldn't highlight it enough - Vasudeva made an awesome album!! it's in my general TOP 10.

I enjoyed new And So I Watch You From Afar as well, and just two days ago I managed to catch up with the lastest album from I/O ("Anyone, anywhere") and got to know a French instrumental band Silent Whale Becomes A° Dream - and I'd highly recommend these two new releases ;D

6. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

I don't like punk rock. I like old guys reminiscing about being punk rock.

bobsheiskawy, dylan, js977 and 3 others like this.
  7. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Wrong. ATP is great and RW has some great songs(but it is quite inconsistent)

Steeeve Perry and Jason Tate like this.
  8. enjoyed participating in this again and glad that i got to write about manchester orchestra, my personal favorite album last year. if anyone is interested, i did a twitter thread last month with my own list:

Mary V, Jason Tate and Aaron Mook like this.
  9. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Thanks, what a match - just the very last page of that thread contains both of the recommendations I've just made above hehe.

10. RileyWitiw

more like absolutepop.net Supporter

It's pretty cool the new Menzingers album actually kind of put them on the map among their pop punk peers.

Jason Tate likes this.
  11. Davidlee Yarzebinski

Does it make me a bad person that I still put Brand New as my top of the year? I think Jesse is a shitty person sure, but I've been waiting on that record for eight years and I liked it for what it was.

12. AshlandATeam

Trusted

Julien Baker is still underrated.

Anthony Brooks likes this.
  13. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

im still unsure what my AOTY is. i put Glassjaw as my #1 in the members list thread but tbh i didnt listen to as much music as i normally do. not sure why.

Glassjaw, Menzos, Julien Baker, The Maine, Kendrick, The National, and Circa are probably my most played of the year.

Bartek T. and Jason Tate like this.
  14. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

this list was great btw shoutout to all the writers and contributors

15. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

ASIWYFA definitely made my top 10. I thought it represented a great return to form for them, having not really enjoyed Heirs.

16. Aj LaGambina

Hey man, we all can't be like you Supporter

There's so many other, better records written and released by people that don't exhibit predatory behavior though...

EDIT: I don't think it makes you a "Bad Person" but as someone who used to model their dress, stage presence, and demeanor on that that guy: I moved on, why can't you?

Jake W likes this.
  17. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

It’s on my list (linked on main post)

18. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

I forgot about it but that Lite record was great. I wasn’t into sleepmakeswaves.

Vasu was my personal favorite post-rock record this year

19. Jake W

Shoutout to Becky for including the best album Of The year at number 9

20. walshknilb281

Cowards for not putting the band that helped carriy this website for years. Websites been trash for too long.

Used to come here to find good new bands...now its just Tate’s political agenda.

21. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

[​IMG]

22. walshknilb281

23. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

24. Jake W

Hi JasonTateSucks

25. Lists full of a hundred+ bands gets boiled down to "Tate's political agenda" because I think sexual assault and misconduct is bad.