Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Teaser For Animated ‘Batman: The Killing Joke’

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Stage Banter

A music review podcast.

So excited for this. The last few years of DC animated movie have definitely trended towards the dark and gritty end of the spectrum. This one might really push it.

Plus, you can't go wrong with Kevin Conroy and Mark Hammil.

3. peoplearepoison

It’s a perfect day for letting go... Supporter

As a HUGE Batman: The Animated Series fan, I am SOOOOO stoked for this. Looks so dope

4. alexstolar

Just The Worst

I always love Mark Hamill as The Joker. I do think it's funny this is like the second or third project he's done after he "retired" from playing the character.

5. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Can't wait for this, DC's animated films are amaze. To this day I still think the Red Hood might be the best Batman movie ever made.

Stage Banter and Jason Tate like this.
  6. Bob Loblaw

Wubbalubbadubdub

I can't wait for this either. Conroy and Hamill are my definitive Batman and Joker, respectively. This comic is also such great material. I can't wait to see it come to life with my favorite duo doing the voices.

7. Stage Banter

A music review podcast.

Agreed! Did you ever get a chance to check out Flashpoint? That's a close second to me. Kind of a messed up movie though haha.

8. Bob Loblaw

Wubbalubbadubdub

Flashpoint is really good. The Dark Knight Returns and Under the Red Hood are my two favorites. I also really like Assault on Arkham, but that is more a Suicie Squad film than Batman one really.

9. Stage Banter

A music review podcast.

I recently re-watched Assault on Arkham. Can't help but think the new Suicide Squad borrowed a lot of concepts there.

10. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Going to be so good. I've really enjoyed most all of DC's animated movies.

11. NotBruce

Regular

This looks and feels great. Time to binge on all things animated Batman.

12. younglikeme

ii // YLM

So, so stoked about this. Hamil & TAS guys behind this, what's not to like!? Buttttt part of me is still wondering how they really show all of it... going to be interesting to say the least.

hey, let's all discuss it & others in the DC Animated Universe thread, eh? haha

13. younglikeme

ii // YLM

I was literally thinking the same thing the other day haha which I'm not opposed to at all & if they do it right could be really awesome.

Yep, been marathoning TAS this week & trying to conquer all things DC animation in anticipation.

Eric Wilson likes this.
  14. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Nice, there are still a couple I need to get caught up on, and definitely looking forward to doing so.

15. younglikeme

ii // YLM

Same haha & I was really overwhelmed at some of the stuff I missed but in looking at the reviews of them, almost nothing is sub-par so I'm stoked. If I missed any in the DC animation thread definitely lmk!

16. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Haha after looking over that list, there's a lot more for me to get caught up with than I originally thought!

17. younglikeme

ii // YLM

It's definitely daunting right!? but hey, we've got 4 months probably until the Killing Joke & god knows I can't spend $18 over & over to see BvS soooo... haha

18. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

I haven't, never heard of it actually. If it's ur close second I'll check it out thanks!

19. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Haha right? I'm hoping to at least see BvS one more time in the theater. Would really like to see it in IMAX while it's out.

younglikeme likes this.
  20. Chummel

This Must Be My Dream

This looks great