Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars Universe (Rebels, Clone Wars, Comics, Books, Video Games) • Page 44

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

[​IMG]

Jason Tate likes this.
  2. Tim likes this.
  3. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Jason Tate likes this.
  4. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

If they do a Lando film, they have to let Donald write it. And either he or Hiro Murai could direct it. I would be very excited for that. Or just have Donald write a new movie.

It's really annoying that they announced a shitload of new content in the last six months and most of the creative forces (with the exception of Rian Johnson) behind them are completely uninspiring. Give us some actual diversity and not just lip service, please.

6. Dog with a Blog

Yoda’s Theme is the best Star Wars tune. Change my mind.

7. Dodge725

Trusted

Rewatched A New Hope today and had a minor revelation about R2. Everyone always jokes that he knew everything about the Prequels and didn’t say anything and had all these extra gadgets and jet pack that’s never used. I think an in universe reason why he doesn’t is he’s destroyed during the battle of Yavin and is repaired quickly and poorly by the Rebels before the medal ceremony. He may have lost some data in that or some of his extra bells and whistles. I realize the real answer is just Lucas didn’t know he had those when he made the OT but I like this as an in universe reason so R2 isn’t just a little jerk.

coleslawed and Chase Tremaine like this.
  8. Blaming Lucas is more fun.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  9. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Not sure what to say about this

39CB4A75-C06F-4579-AE9A-D796A1854283.jpeg

10. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

11. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Nerds don't like women

ChaseTx and Jason Tate like this.
  12. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

What are the best books for the new canon? I haven’t seen Rebels or Clone Wars, so I don’t want any that rely on that prior knowledge.

13. Lost stars, thrawn, Leia princess of alderaan, Ahsoka, bloodline

ChaseTx, Dodger and xapplexpiex like this.
  14. Greg

QFT

xapplexpiex likes this.
  15. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I don’t know who can rationally say Jar Jar is better than Rose

16. *Whispers*

Sexist trolls aren’t rational beings.

SteveLikesMusic and justin. like this.
  17. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Yeah I see a lot of hate for her online and it sucks. The Finn/Rose plot in TLJ isn't great, but I really like her as a character

On another note, the fact that I liked Solo way more than I thought I would has me back in Star Wars mode. I'm finally going to finish Leia: Princess of Alderaan, read some of the comics, maybe get back on Rebels, which I have only seen a few episodes

coleslawed likes this.
  18. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I don’t think she is a bad or annoying character. The subplot she was in just wasn’t very interesting to a lot of people and they are putting it off on her. We’ll see how Abrams treats her in IX.

19. Greg

Rebels is excellent! Enjoy it!

20. Anyone been to Star Wars Celebration before? It’s in Chicago next year and seems like it could be really neat.

ship90 likes this.
  21. ship90

Trusted

Heh we chatted a bit about this a few pages back. I’ve never been and really want to go!

Billy Dee apparently is on a new diet and has been working out with a trainer a few times a week, let the speculation begin.

ChaseTx, bodkins, Dodger and 2 others like this.
  22. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

I went last year and had the time of my life. It was really overwhelming. 5 days of pure Star Wars. It's amazing and I highly suggest going. I already got my AirBNB for Chicago.

ship90 and troyplaysbass like this.
  23. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

More and more I’m hearing people (even people who have enjoyed the new movies) think Kennedy should step down. Will probably get shit for this but sadly I’m starting to agree.

Anybody else have thoughts that are presented in a noncombative way?

24. NitrateDawn

Regular

Why would you think that if you enjoy the new films? Genuinely curious.

I haven't seen Solo yet so I can't speak to its quality, but even while I wish they'd move away from films centered around characters/things from the OT, it'd still probably take at least a couple misfires to convince me she's wrong for the franchise.

Dodger likes this.
  25. Darthjojo

Holy forkin' shirtballs

Just finished "Last Shot" and I really enjoyed it. Probably one of my favorites of the new canon books. I started it before seeing Solo though, and definitely recommend reading it after.

JimmyIymmiJ likes this.