Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars Universe (Rebels, Clone Wars, Comics, Books, Video Games) • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Greg Apr 1, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 1, 2016)
    Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Caved and bought a digital copy to watch tonight. So stoked!

Edit: sort of wrong thread haha this was about the movie obviously.

2. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

The finale of Rebels was incredible. Blind Kanan is going to be so interesting. I loved the emotion in the Vader / Ahsoka fight scene. I adore Ahsoka's fighting style. The ninja-esque movements were great. The height disparity was amazing and I love how she had to jump up to attack Vader's head. I can't wait for next season, I feel like it's going to keep getting better and better.

Jason Tate, Greg and Deanna like this.
  3. aoftbsten Apr 3, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 7, 2016)
    aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Just finished season 5 of Clone Wars. Oh man, I got a little teary eyed when Ahsoka left the order. So happy she reappears in Rebels.

Jacob Tender likes this.
  4. :ghostobi:

5. Season 6 of clone wars is taking me a while to get through. I'm less invested since Ashoka left. Gotta finish it so I can move on to rebels though.

6. lati

formerly spaghettti Supporter

it'll be so worth it. Rebels is the best work in the Star Wars canon in a while

Greg likes this.
  8. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I finished all of season 6 yesterday just so I could shift all my focus to Rebels haha. The last 4 episode arc focuses on Yoda and is pretty cool. I thought it was a great way to end the series.

9. tachyonEvan

I'm a fiend for mojitos. Prestigious

10. He's the "weird xxxxx guy" see E3, Arby's, etc. it's definitely a different style of comedy. I'm enjoy it on occasion.

11. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

12. Tyler

Regular Supporter

RIP :ackbar:

Jason Tate and Jacob Tender like this.
  13. :lightsaber: :ackbar: :lightsaber:

14. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Sad to hear RIP.

15. KimmyGibbler

Everywhere you look... Prestigious

Is this thread where we talk about spin-off films? When does everyone think we will get our first Rogue One trailer? Before Jungle Book or before Captain America?

16. Tyler

Regular Supporter

Probably before Captain America.

17. Target has a sale going on that some people here might take be able to take advantage of.

18. aoftbsten Apr 7, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 7, 2016)
    aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Officially finished Rebels. That finale was perfect. One question, in the episode "Shroud of Darkness", Ahsoka says the last time she saw Annikan, he was running to save the Chancellor. This means she saw him again after leaving the order? Did I miss something? Is it from one of the cancelled Clone Wars episodes or have we just not seen this story?

19. cbow52

aka livethesounds Prestigious

you didn't miss anything. Dave Filoni and George Lucas had written out the entirety of the Clone Wars before Lucas sold the company. In this case, what they have written is basically canon, we just haven't seen it yet. I feel confident we will in comics or novels. (we're already getting an Ahsoka novel set between after episode 3 and Rebels) But apparently there was a big final arc with Darth Maul Ahsoka Anakin and Obi-Wan, that gets cut short when they have to leave to save the chancellor. (according to Filoni)

20. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

Jonathan and cbow52 like this.
  21. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Thanks. I'm really excited for the Ahsoka novel. She's definitely one of my favorite characters. I wish they hadn't cancelled Clone Wars. I know Disney wanted to distance themselves from the prequels and start fresh, but seasons 3-6 were just so damn good.

22. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

We haven't seen it yet. There are two things that we know Ahsoka was involved in that we haven't seen which are the Siege of Mandalore, which was mentioned in one of the first eps of the season by Rex, saying he fought with Ahsoka up until that point. This was never on Clone Wars. There is also an implication--from Shroud of Darkness--that Ahsoka has met Maul before and we never saw that either. I believe Filoni dropped a hint that she was on a mission with Anakin where they were tracking or fighting with Maul before he was called away to save the Chancellor at the beginning of Episode 3. Ahsoka also mentions the last time she was Anakin was before he saved the Chancellor, like you said.

There's going to be an Ahsoka book coming out that will possibly address these stories.

aoftbsten likes this.
  23. cbow52

aka livethesounds Prestigious

I'm not sure why people think Disney wants to distance themselves from the prequels. Disney is still dipping into that time period constantly with new stories to add to the ones already there. They didn't stop the Clone Wars because they hated the prequels, they did it because they wanted to start other things. If they wanted nothing to do with those stories they wouldn't have gone to the trouble of having those scripts turn into books. I think we see more clone wars content down the line for sure.

24. water & solutions

I used to be love_american_style

new here..guess I should probably subscribe to this thread. Still works like that right?

Jacob Tender likes this.