Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Gareth Edwards, December 16, 2016) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Eric Wilson, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, or simply Rogue One, is an upcoming American epic space opera film directed by Gareth Edwards and written by Gary Whitta and Chris Weitz, from an idea by visual effects supervisor John Knoll. It will be the first film in the Star Wars Anthology series, a collection of stand-alone stories set in the Star Wars universe, and will star Felicity Jones, Diego Luna, Riz Ahmed, Ben Mendelsohn, Donnie Yen, Jiang Wen, Forest Whitaker, Mads Mikkelsen, and Alan Tudyk. Set shortly before the events of Star Wars (1977), the story will center on a group of Rebel spies on a mission to steal the plans for the Empire's new weapon, the Death Star. - Wikipedia

2. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Anyone else keeping up with news on this?

3. This guy is. I was actually more stoked for this one than Episode VII simply for its departure from the story and tone. Sounds like the production may have had budgetary setbacks though, which is disheartening. Still amped on the prospect of a Star Wars movie beyond the scope of the main story line.

Eric Wilson likes this.
  4. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Awesome. Yep and I'm stoked that Felicity Jones is attached to this as well. Very excited to see how this turns out.

5. Oh man, she's my favorite. I fell in love watching Breathe In. Fantastic actress.

6. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Definitely a fantastic actress. Hopefully we will be getting a trailer soon, or at least teaser.

7. Lord, I hope so. Bets on whether or not there will be a Episode VIII trailer attached to Rogue One? We talked about it on the latest episode of Bantha Fodder, but I'd love to see Lucasfilm get on that sort of schedule.

8. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

I could see that happening, or at the least, a 30 second teaser. Do you remember the timeframe of how many months they released the first teaser for Star Wars, before the actual movie came out? Figure for a December release, within the next month or so we'll get a sneak peek.

9. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I'm not actively following updates on this film, but I am VERY eager to see it. As a big fan of Edwards' Godzilla, The Force Awakens, and the premise, I expect to adore this.

ChaseTx likes this.
  10. The first teaser for The Force Awakens dropped at the end of November 2014, roughly a year ahead of the premiere. Rogue one won't be as big, hence just the teaser image, but I reckon we're due for a teaser trailer in the next month or so.

I'm anticipating some Darth Vader breaths and cool action shots in the grimy atmosphere Edwards is promising.

Eric Wilson likes this.
  11. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

And Donnie Yen!

12. GettingSodas

Chorus.fm Resident Soda Expert Prestigious

I'm pretty excited for this to be honest. I was skeptical at first, but the things I'm hearing are great.

13. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Was really hoping Tatiana Maslany would land the lead role, but I love Felicity Jones

14. :xwing: :xwing2:

Making sure I'm following this.

I'm really excited about this one.

15. Jason Tate Mar 24, 2016
    (Last edited: Mar 24, 2016)
    I love this poster, I think it may be fan made? But still ... it's awesome.

[​IMG]

Cameron and Eric Wilson like this.
  16. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

woah.

17. I really like that.

18. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Still holding out hope that she gets a role in VII or IX.

Meerkat likes this.
  19. Beautiful poster, but that's definitely not Felicity Jones, right?

20. I don't ... think so? But I honestly don't know. Haha. I just saw this used as the cover on Letterboxd last night when I was adding movies to my want to watch list and had to go find it.

21. phaynes1

Regular

Yeah I love that

22. Tyler

Regular Supporter

So we have to get a trailer soon, right? I'm guessing after TFA home release.

23. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

I would think we would be getting one soon. Haha I'm guessing April..

24. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

My guess is the teaser trailer comes with Civil War and we get a full one at Star Wars Celebration. It would have been a cool easter egg to put it in the Force Awakens dvd release though.

25. That would have been really great. I think you may be right with Civil War. Fingers crossed!