Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars Universe (Rebels, Clone Wars, Comics, Books, Video Games) • Page 24

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. cbow52

aka livethesounds Prestigious

2. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

3. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I wish they put as much time into Rogue One getting us to know and like the characters as they are for these comics and novels.

NitrateDawn likes this.
  4. Dodge725

Trusted

Rewatching the first 2 seasons of Rebels and I think the show would have been better off sticking to 15 episodes a season rather than 22. It's easy to find a 7 throwaway episodes in Seasons 2 & 3. If for every 2 or 3 great episodes, there's a clunker, it hurts the series overall, and that's what takes it from a great series to just a good one for me. There's no denying that some episodes like the Siege of Lothal and the B-Wing one are up there with some of the best things in Star Wars, but it's a shame that they are in the same batch as Hondo and Chopper centric ones.

loudasallgetout likes this.
  5. NitrateDawn

Regular

Fair. I'd take the filler episodes in Rebels over the filler Episodes in Clone Wars any day though.

bodkins and RJ Knorr like this.
  6. RJ Knorr

Trusted Supporter

I think the highs of Clone Wars are higher than Rebels, but Rebels is far more consistent

7. cbow52

yea. I'm re watching the clone wars, and i'd rather watch the filler in Rebels. And there's A LOT more of it in the Clone Wars, but there was also a lot more episodes.
    The highs were higher in TCW, but mostly twoards the end. Rebels could top it by the end of the final season IMO.

8. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Lol, zombie Gungan in Screaming Citadel is the best.

ChaseTx, RJ Knorr, bodkins and 3 others like this.
  10. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

There's a huge marvel comics sale on Kindle right now, including Star Wars trades for like $2

So which are the best series

coleslawed likes this.
  11. Dodge725

Trusted

Of the new canon, my favorites are Darth Vader and Shattered Empire. The main Star Wars book is really good, but not as consistent. You can't really go wrong though as most of the stuff has been solid so if there's a character you like with a series just go for it.

ChaseTx likes this.
  12. ChaseTx

I bought Shattered Empire, all 4 volumes of Darth Vader, Han Solo, Princess Leia, and Lando

Since that's a lot of reading and I'm not too well off right now, I held off on the Star Wars series, Kanan, and Chewbacca

coleslawed likes this.
  13. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

I just spent £20 and got £70+ worth of Comics! Thanks for the heads up! My next days off are sorted. I loved Shattered Empire, main SW series and Vader.

ChaseTx likes this.
  14. ChaseTx

Got a $10 Amazon gift card so I'll probably grab 5 more of these. Not sure which way to go though. I could get Star Wars volumes 2 through whatever, or there's Darth Maul, Poe Dameron, Anakin & Obi-Wan, Chewbacca, C3PO, Kanan...

Of course I could probably check all all those out at the library sometime and not blow the $10 but

coleslawed likes this.
  15. cbow52

Star Wars vol 2, Kanan and Poe i'd look into first. Maul is still going, chewbacca is pretty much the most inconsequential book in the whole lot and Anakin & Obi Wan is good, but mostly for looks at Anakin and Palpatine.

ChaseTx likes this.
  16. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

picked up Chewbacca 1-3 & Shattered Empire 1-4 at the used bookstore today. 1st issues were $3, the rest all $2. i'll head back soon to see if 4 & 5 for each one are there soon.

17. bodkins

Trusted

Had some Amex points+$25 off Amazon code for using said Amex points ha. So I just ordered:

Rebels Bluray (Seasons 1&2)
    Star Wars Darth Vader Comics (Volumes 1-3)
    Star Wars Volume 3 (already had 1&2)

coleslawed likes this.
  18. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Finally got around to reading the last issue in the Screaming Citadel. I wasn't in love with the story for this set of comics overall, but I still enjoyed it. That's mostly because I love Doctor Aphra as a character.

19. ChaseTx

I need to get around to reading all those comics I bought. I'm terrible at reading comics

20. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Tuesdays episode for Welcome to Geekdom will be about The Force Awakens so I just wanted to let you all know that I created a thread for the podcast. Podcast - Welcome to Geekdom

I'll be posting the episodes there and I'm always happy to discuss them with others and field some topic ideas.

coleslawed likes this.
  21. Dodge725

Trusted

Finished Battlefront 2: Inferno Squad. It was a really good story and set up the characters perfectly for the game. I loved its connections to other canon with the big reveal having impact only if you've actually invested in things outside of the films. I'll give it a few weeks before going into anymore detail in case anyone wants to read it, but I think that reveal will make people more interested in this book.

ship90 likes this.
  22. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

And here's that episode on The Force Awakens for anyone who isn't following the podcast thread. Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Hope you enjoy!

RJ Knorr likes this.
  23. Dodge725

Trusted

So I accidentally finished Leia: Princess of Alderaan in 1 day, and it's amazing. A ton of really cool connections to the rest of canon including some great ones to TLJ that make me really excited. Highly recommend it to everyone, especially if you enjoyed Lost Stars and/or Bloodline.

SteveLikesMusic and Jason Tate like this.
  24. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Dang! This is what I needed to convince me to go get it, haven't seen any other reviews yet.

25. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter