Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Welcome to Geekdom/Chat Sematary Podcast

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Deanna, Jul 27, 2017.

1. Deanna Jul 27, 2017
    (Last edited: May 1, 2019)
    Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Welcome to Geekdom is a podcast about anything and everything pop culture. We cover books, movies, TV shows, comics, and more. You can listen and find links to subscribe here: Welcome to Geekdom

Also, shout out to @Jason Tate for not only being a guest in the podcast, but for letting me post it all over the forums. Feel free to discuss episodes and pitch some topics!

Follow the podcast on Twitter and Instagram and like it on Facebook.

Subscribe to the newsletter!

If you're feeling generous, you can support the shows via Square Cash or Patreon.

Chat Sematary takes a deep dive into Stephen King's work and adaptations, one at a time. You can listen and find links to subscribe here: Chat Sematary

Follow the podcast on Twitter and Instagram.

Shakriel and dadbolt like this.
  2. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Our most recent episode is all about Carly Rae Jepsen. Carly Rae Jepsen

Next week: Star Wars: The Force Awakens with a little speculation on The Last Jedi at the end.

dadbolt likes this.
  3. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

this is a good podcast

coleslawed likes this.
  4. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

I'll have to have you back on soon!

dadbolt likes this.
  5. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

nice! looking forward to it.

Deanna likes this.
  6. jjnunn118 Jul 27, 2017
    (Last edited: Jul 27, 2017)
    jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Been meaning to listen since I keep seeing you plug the podcast on the forums all the time, but you've hooked me with Carly. Gonna check that out now!

7. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Sweet! Hope you enjoy it!

8. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I hear there's a pretty good episode about All-New Wolverine with a pretty cool guest.

Looking forward to recording our Superior Foes of Spider-Man episode when my laptop doesn't suck, and also looking forward to Jason going back on for more Spider-Man content. His last Spidey episode was a good one for sure.

dadbolt and Deanna like this.
  9. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Don't worry, I'll continue to bug @Jason Tate to record haha.

dadbolt and Jason Tate like this.
  10. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Updated the first post with links to twitter, FB, and a donate option if anyone is feeling generous.

11. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

dadbolt likes this.
  12. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Today's new episode is on The Wonder Years! Recorded it with my friend Scott, who is a huge fan, so it's a good one. The Wonder Years

13. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Tim likes this.
  14. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

If you don't understand how Sony Marvel films w/out Spidey could work, check out that episode! We covered a series that sets an example of what the Sinister Six could be in their own film, and then I explained how I'd want that example applied at Sony. We addressed the hurdles they'll have to deal with, but I remain mostly optimistic.

Also, everyone needs to read Superior Foes of Spider-Man. Great series, so much fun.

Jason Tate and Deanna like this.
  15. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

I think @Jason Tate might be a little jealous that we had so much Spidey related talk without him.

16. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

For the few of you in this thread... new episode! It's all about American Gods season 1 this week. American Gods Season 1

coleslawed likes this.
  17. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

For those of you who already watched The Defenders, that's what today's episode is all about! The Defenders

Next two episodes will be on Planet Hulk and Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Any topics anyone would like to suggest for future episodes? I'm approaching 50 and hoping to get a good one out for that. Maybe I'll have @Jason Tate back on for that one. Maybeee.

coleslawed and dadbolt like this.
  18. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

The Vision
    Saga or Paper Girls
    The Leftovers
    Rick and Morty
    Bojack Horseman

19. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

you should let Jason on for an ep covering a Captain America movie

:teethsmile:

coleslawed likes this.
  20. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Rick and Morty is going to happen once I actually watch it! So that'll be a while haha. I've also never seen Bojack, but all others are definitely good possibilities. Thanks!

I'm actually having the same person on for Civil War who did the first two with me haha. We just have Civil War left.

dadbolt likes this.
  21. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Seconding the Bojack request.

Deanna likes this.
  22. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

dadbolt likes this.
  23. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

One of the funniest and also saddest shows I've ever seen. Really dark, but very good.

dadbolt and Deanna like this.
  24. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Another quick question for you all. If I were to do bonus episodes, would you want quick episodes on a topic (or maybe something like favorite marvel movie moments, albums rankings, etc.) or just a full length additional episode?

I was thinking like "get us to 100 followers on twitter and I'll do a bonus episode" as incentive haha.

25. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

NEW EPISODE! This week is all about Planet Hulk (the original one, not the Secret Wars one). Planet Hulk