Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Songs Made Better Live • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Tim, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

2. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

The live version of Deadbolt by Thrice is soo much better. The extended section they add at the end for the live version really lifts it to another level.

3. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Totally irrelevant, but I have a mental block and never learned how to swim because I was a smart ass as a kid and my parents brought me to the pool with swimmies and my mom said they'd keep me from sinking as long as I could wear them so I said "No matter what?" and she said "No matter what" so of course the first thing I did when i got in the pool was raise my arms above my head so that the swimmies weren't touching the water and I went straight under

Tim and cshadows2887 like this.
  4. GraveDigger

Trusted Prestigious

Letlive always improvises and changes things up live, so I've always loved seeing them. Their songs are pretty powerful on record but there's a lot of added emotion and energy when they perform them live, especially 27 Club and Muther. I also thought The Menzingers' newer stuff was a lot better live than on record when I saw them a year ago.

5. Louie Apr 2, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 2, 2016)
    Louie

Takes a Bit More

They didn't play Head.Cars.Bending when I saw them, much bummer, but I hold Pressure, Heart Out, and Is there Someone Who Can Watch You to be much better live than studio. Is There Someone Who Can Watch You was skippable on the self titled until I saw them live. It was like a completely different song.

That's What You Get by Paramore and My Favorite Accident by MCS. Two songs the crowd goes nuts for and the whole vibe gets insane. There are a lot of songs like that I could list.

Edit: Also, I could go on and on about recorded live shows, but a specific one on youtube that is awesome is the Paramore MTV acoustic secession recorded in 2009 if you haven't seen it.

6. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Go hard or go home.

[​IMG]

Meerkat likes this.
  7. Threads

Regular Prestigious

I hate to use a cheap/cop-out answer like this but can I say most of the songs played live at the Daughter show I attended tonight? I was already a fan of most of their discography but some of the songs just had bits to them that added so much in the live setting. Numbers and Human in particular stood out.

8. Turkeylegz

Trusted

Round Here by the Counting Crows. At the bridge he always goes on some freestyle/mix-up. Incorporating other songs, poems, ranting. It's great. Every live CD they put out I go straight to Round Here, it makes them real fun to see live.

Evolution Kid likes this.
  9. Evolution Kid

I may be going broke, but I'm never broken down. Prestigious

Absolutely agreed. The live semi acoustic vibe it has now makes the song hit in a much more impactful way.

Wow that's awesome. Now I'm looking through youtube to see other versions. Never seen them live before so had no idea.

suburban myth and Turkeylegz like this.
  10. suburban myth

Rock-n-Roll Pizzeria Prestigious

Oh yeah, man - absolutely! It's so much more powerful, live!

11. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

I honestly love the album version of "Rest of My Life" lol