Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Smashing Pumpkins Band • Page 47

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by airik625, Jun 3, 2016.

1. NitrateDawn

Regular

You are the best, appreciate it so much!

2. Maddy

Regular

i too would appreciate GLOW/superchrist f you wanna pay it forward

Gianni28 likes this.
  3. Henry

Moderator Moderator

pbueddi likes this.
  4. pbueddi

Trusted

manoverboard365 likes this.
  5. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

I’m so stoked for that Machina release, I’ve had money set aside for the vinyl of that for ages now.

Damien and pbueddi like this.
  6. They all look like dads who are trying to figure out how to turn their camera on when it's already on

upload_2020-12-22_6-51-21.png

7. manoverboard365

Trusted

8. NitrateDawn

Regular

I believe they took that info from a Reddit post (because Alternative Nation is terrible) which is in turn a compilation of everything Billy’s said on Instagram about the Machina mixing process. So I don’t believe it’s comprehensive

bradsonemanband likes this.
  9. razorburn

Trusted

10. tomdelonge

Trusted

This show is goooood

11. ragnarokstar

Regular

12. tomdelonge

Trusted

I’d love a DM too

13. Jim

Trusted Supporter

14. Onlyadirector

Trusted Supporter

Just heard the Zwan album for the first time. What the fuck. This is incredible? Can't believe this isn't on streaming services. Wow.

15. Gianni

Trusted

yeah a total crime, Billy needs to figure that out somehow.... I miss listening to it - I used to have the CD and tried to dig it up a few months ago and could not find it.

Onlyadirector likes this.
  16. Surfwax

bring on the major leagues Supporter

Weirdly I feel like the music world at large considers Zwan bad? I remember one of the first things I did when I had my license was driving to this record store and buying the CD used for literally like $4 because it was so unwanted. Thought it was great then and though it's been a long time since I've given it a spin I don't imagine my opinion has changed. El Sol!

Onlyadirector likes this.
  17. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

they were a great band. mary star of the sea wasn't as good as it could've been given the like... huge number of high quality yet unrecorded zwan songs, but i still love it

Gianni, Damien and Onlyadirector like this.
  18. cherrywaves

Trusted

Mary Star has great songs and I'd listen to it over any post-reunion Pumpkins material

Damien, beachdude, coleslawed and 3 others like this.
  19. Surfwax

bring on the major leagues Supporter

Someday I'll give those bootlegs the deep dive they apparently deserve

Damien and unbornwhiskey like this.
  20. tomdelonge

Trusted

Zwan live archives are a lot or fun, a really cool era.

i don’t think the production on the album complements the material all that well, but it’s a strong batch of songs.

If there’s a tension in the Zwan catogue to me, it’s that they never quite resolved their neo-pscyhedelia leanings with their AOR throwback rock side. On the other hand I love them for that

beachdude and unbornwhiskey like this.
  21. abw123

Trusted

Zwan album is great, wish he would release all the B-Sides, have heard there are a ton ???

22. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

I’ve never really listened to Zwan, which is mad when the Pumpkins are probably my favourite band. I wasn’t that keen on Zwan when they first came out and then never really went back to them.

I figured that as my tastes have broadened a hell of a lot since 2003 and that you’re all bigging it up that I’d probably love them now. So I’ve just bought Mary Star of The Sea on cd for like £3 to give it a try.

Onlyadirector, beachdude and Gianni28 like this.
  23. Damien

There are over 60 to 75 songs by Zwan.

And there was enough to make two great LP, better than anything SP came with after that...

For example:

Chrysanthemum
    Cast a Stone
    What Have They Done To Me
    My Life and Times
    The Shining Path

Riverview
    The Empty Sea
    Rivers We Can’t Cross

Glorious
    A New Poetry (full band)
    To Wonder To Suffer

Friends And Lovers
    Freedom
    Permanence
    Signal This Strong
    W.P.
    Whatever, Whenever

You won't be disappointed by archive.org

24. abw123

Trusted

Has he ever mentioned officially releasing any of this?

25. Damien

Yes, years ago but I do not know if he owns yet all the copyrights....

Then again, he 's still a lot of years late for the machina deluxe box and he doesn't talk anymore about the 60+ Zwan songs...