Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Slowly Slowly - St. Leonards (May 11, 2018)

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by goosetoph, May 11, 2018.

1. goosetoph May 11, 2018
    (Last edited: May 14, 2018)
    goosetoph

u wut m8?

They just released a new album today. Really solid band

After listening for a few days they definitely have a alternative, emo revival feel. Definite Movements, Hotelier vibes. Sometimes they sound a little like a less pop punky Transit.

They are from Australia and are signed to UNFD.

Alchemy video:

Ten Leaf Clover video:

Aliens Video:

morken likes this.
  2. goosetoph

u wut m8?

I'm just bumping this so maybe someone else will give it a shot. I didn't even know this band existed until last Thursday and now this record is definitely one of my favorite of the year so far.

Favorite songs are Aliens, Christmas Lights, Extinction, and The Cold War.

3. SoCoWilderNeSs

Regular Supporter

Never heard of this band until I saw your post. I just finished the new album and absolutely loved it. I’m looking forward to checking out their older stuff as well now too.

Thanks!

4. BenSmith94

Trusted

First run through of the album was pretty promising. Definitely warrants repeat listens.

5. New record is absolutely fucking ridiculous. Reminds me of how I felt when I listened to Ceres' We Are a Team last year.

6. BenSmith94

Trusted

I've liked the singles without loving them (outside of Jellyfish, now that shit's crazy).

Been keen to listen to the new record, hoping to give it a blast this weekend.

7. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Wow yeah jellyfish could 100% have been a song on that record if Tom just totally gave up on lyrics

KidLightning likes this.
  8. morken

Not everything means something, honey Supporter

Yeah, only half through my first listen but this is sounding gooood. Australia really does produce some of the best bands these days.

9. WeWereGiants

Regular

Probably the most underrated band right now. St Leonard’s is a masterpiece and Race Car Blues is just as good.

I’m convinced they don’t have a single bad song, I’ve seen them live 4 times in a year and they don’t disappoint at all.

Between them and Ceres they’re doing Australia proud

10. Yeah the new record absolutely makes me feel nostalgic in the way the Ceres record did. It’s like listening to a new JamisonParker album in 2020 haha. Dig it though.

WeWereGiants likes this.
  11. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

New record is an absolute jam.

WeWereGiants likes this.
  12. BenSmith94

Trusted

They've obviously got very different styles...FTR I really like the conversational style of Slowly Slowly, makes it sound a bit unique and less polished, which isn't exactly a bad thing.

13. WeWereGiants

Regular

Its kind of like a stream of consciousness, it works really well in songs like Aliens.

14. BenSmith94

Trusted

Yeah that was the term I was thinking of haha.

Works really well on Superpowers too off the new record.

WeWereGiants likes this.
  15. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Jellyfish's kooky lyrics are really fun and it goes with the song.

I will not hear a bad word about that song.

WeWereGiants likes this.
  16. Leftandleaving

wow alchemy bangs. really enjoying their 2018 record

WeWereGiants likes this.
  17. BenSmith94

Trusted

The slower songs on the new record are really good. Two of the ones getting Triple J playtime in Australia (You Are Bigger Than this Town and Michael Angelo) are arguably the least interesting songs on the record (not terrible, but not sticking with me like the other songs).

18. Leftandleaving

19. WeWereGiants

Regular

Slow Learner is killer, sounds like a throwback to their first record. The covers and songs from their patreon are also really good.

20. Leftandleaving

21. BenSmith94

Trusted

These are really good, these

22. WeWereGiants

Regular

The band are doing a free livestream show and I’d highly recommend giving it a go as they’re extremely good live! (Hoping that it’s available to those of you outside Aus)

https://fb.me/e/5PPCu7ezX

23. Leftandleaving

SamLevi11 likes this.