Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Slowly Slowly - Race Car Blues, Chapter 2 (February 26, 2021) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Leftandleaving, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

[​IMG]

1. ‘Comets & Zombies’
    2. ‘The Best Bits’
    3. ‘Learning Curve’
    4. ‘Low’
    5. ‘House On Fire’
    6. ‘The Internet’
    7. ‘Restless Legs’
    8. ‘First Love’ ft. Yours Truly
    9. ‘Set The Table (The One That Got Away)’
    10. ‘The Level’
    11. ‘Small Talk’
    12. ‘Anywhere’

WeWereGiants and morken like this.
  2. Cool!! Gonna start my day with these singles tomorrow. Band is pretty underrated, feels like there’s a whole crowd on here that should be eating them up

WeWereGiants and Leftandleaving like this.
  3. BenSmith94

Trusted

This band rips. Have loved the last two albums. Haven't dove into the new singles just yet, happy to see they're realsing a whole albums worth full of them.

WeWereGiants likes this.
  4. Fuuuuuuck yes to both of these songs

WeWereGiants likes this.
  5. WeWereGiants

Regular

Everyone should give St. Leonard’s a spin, it’s a 10/10 for me, not a single bad song on there.

I’m excited for RCB Part 2, The Level and Comets & Zombies are catchy as hell

EDIT: OH! Restless Legs is on this! They released it on their Patreon last year and it’s a fantastic pop punk song. Band doesn’t miss

6. Leftandleaving

I don’t really care for the level

7. BenSmith94

Trusted

Surprised they didn't put Melbourne on it, that's a good track considering they wrote it in one day

WeWereGiants likes this.
  8. Leftandleaving

9. BenSmith94

Trusted

I always find it weird when bands do songs featuring other bands rather than singers.

Leftandleaving likes this.
  10. My only thought is that it helps for cross promotion on streaming services. By putting Yours Truly instead of whatever the singer’s name is, they can link it directly to the Yours Truly profile. Also if they just put her name, people might not know what band she was from

11. Not into the song at all though unfortunately

12. WeWereGiants

Regular

Yeah unfortunately this one doesn’t do much for me, it sounds like a mayday parade song in a bad way. Still looking forward to the album

13. BenSmith94

Trusted

Really like The Level. Early reviews on the record are promising.

14. Steven Shea

I hear a “The Academy Is” feel imho.

15. WeWereGiants

Regular

My impressions are super positive after the first listen, even First Love works in context. House On Fire, The Internet and Set The Table are standouts for me (very St Leonard’s IMO)

I totally understand this, they wear a lot of influences on their sleeves and I wouldn’t be shocked if they were Academy Is fans

Steven Shea likes this.
  16. goosetoph

u wut m8?

This is so good! I probably like this, as a whole, more than the initial Race Car Blues.

17. BenSmith94

Trusted

Yeah I love this band. For a band to release a part two to a very good first album a year later, and for this new album to be possibly as good, is incredbile.

WeWereGiants likes this.
  18. BenSmith94

Trusted

Bumping this to say it's already an AOTY contender for me. This is so so good.

19. WeWereGiants

Regular

I’m absolutely with you on this, the more I listen the more I love it. My only wish is for the closing track to be as strong as the original Race Car Blues, but overall so so strong

20. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

This is so great

WeWereGiants likes this.
  21. BenSmith94

Trusted

Really loving The Best Bits, House on Fire, Set the Table, Learning Curve, The Level and Small Talk. Those last two tracks show how willing they are to step outside their usual sound and experiment a bit, and they're two of the best songs on the recrod.

Ordered the blue double vinyl set last night, best $80 I ever spent.

WeWereGiants likes this.
  22. Leftandleaving

WeWereGiants likes this.
  23. BenSmith94

Trusted

This band absolutely rips. Can't wait to see them in a month's time

WeWereGiants likes this.
  24. WeWereGiants

Regular

Not sure the new song is going to be for everyone but if you’re a fan of the more straightforward 1975 songs this is definitely in that vein

BenSmith94 likes this.
  25. BenSmith94

Trusted

I dig it. I dig this band. Everyone should listen to this band.

WeWereGiants likes this.