Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Recommendations • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

[​IMG]

Toner likes this.
  2. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

You know what doesn't escalate at all though?

Ambient music.

I'll stop derailing the thread now. Everyone just go listen to Overhead, the Albatross.

3. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

fuck outta here

escalates masterfully

4. White Apr 7, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 7, 2016)
    White

Of course it does, 'cause that was more post-rock than ambient.

Edit: To make this post more relevant, here's some ambient post rock for everyone

5. Malatesta

man i know we're derailing but i'm STICKING TO MY GUNS i have like literally loads of straight ambient shit that I don't mind hearing when i'm shuffling through alright

6. White

See, you've already changed your (incredibly boring, dull, meandering) tune: first you say you enjoyed it, were subsequently called out on your egregious lie, and now it's "I don't mind". Just accept that it's used as a propofol substitute for inducing comas.

And here's some more ambient post rock:

7. Malatesta

ehhh i don't mind 50% of what i'm listening to when i shuffle, there are days where serendipitously what i want is what i hear, but for the most part i'm just looking to cycle through my library

8. Toner

A Welshy in London Supporter

I'm very surprised by how much I like this. I'm usually pretty shallow when it comes to lyrics and get annoyed by repetition / simplicity. Her voice has a lot of interesting characteristics though and the album has so many great hooks that I'm past the point of paying attention to the lyrics. It's very much grabbing me like I didn't expect Caryl Rae Jepsen to.

Thanks for sharing!

bd007h likes this.
  9. Toner Apr 8, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 8, 2016)
    Toner

Well this should nicely fill the gap that Maybeshewill are leaving behind when they break up this month! This song is absolutely stunning. I had a sleepmakeswaves vibe at the start then it drifted into Maybeshewill-style epic string-laden territory.

I'm definitely checking out the album when it comes out. Nice one for putting it on here @White. I haven't really contributed to many post-rock discussions on AP/chorus before, so it's good to see other people who have a high appreciation for it (even if they're at each other's throats!).

I'm actually going to dunk!festival in Belgium next month and only know a dozen of the bands on the lineup. Any bands you know on the lineup that stand out to you @White / @Spencer Control ?

dunk!festival lineup

10. bd007h

If you like the album I'd recommend checking out her two EPs.

Toner likes this.
  11. White

Of those bands, I most strongly recommend:

Spoiwo

I Am Waiting for You Last Summer

Nordic Giants

Apologies for the giant embeds, still trying to figure out how do BC links.

Edit: We got a post rock thread here btw Post Rock Thread • forum.chorus.fm /let it rip in there

12. Toner

@White - Cheers! I'm already familiar with Nordic Giants, but I haven't heard much of the other 2 so I'll bump them to the top of my queue to check out.

Thanks for pointing me towards the post-rock thread too. Will jump in there soon with some recs.

13. bd007h

19 years later and I still will forever love the shit out of this band:

14. Malatesta

This Will Destroy You and 65daysofstatic!

i believe you can do individual song embeds as well as full album embeds but idt there's a way to customize the size of the embed. you can use the media button or just paste the link into the body afaik. @Jason Tate is there a way to change the size of bandcamp embed widgets?

15. CoreyVillains

16. White

Drum & bass, electronica, ambient, lush melodically - "dream & bass" as he calls it. Amazing crap.

17. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

I've been listening to a band lately called Uncle Lucius. I don't really know how popular they are outside of Texas though. One of my buddy's moved down there and got really in to the music scene and has introduced me to some awesome stuff. They are like blues-rock, with a little alt country added in. I'd say if you like Black Keys, Shakey Graves, Tyler Bryant and the Shakedown and music that's like those guys you should for sure check this out!

18. Malatesta

been listening to this on repeat, such a beautiful track. Year Walk is a wonderful game if you're into short, polished, Swedish folk horror games, too.

19. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Wanted to throw out a rec that I feel really strongly about. WRITER

Their first full length, Brotherface, is one of my most played records in the last five years. Listen to it here:

Their new record, Principle Web, was just released on Friday. You can listen to it here:
    Principle Web, by WRITER

20. Ainsley&MyWhetstone

Regular

This song was on my spotify discovery playlist and I can't stop going back to it.

TheWater(s) likes this.
  21. Taco-King

Taco Enthusiast

Taco-King recommends you treat your earholes to this or no tacos for you!

22. Louie

Takes a Bit More

Just found this guy over on Bandcamp while looking for some new tunes, he is melodic progressive metal I guess. Sounds interesting anyway, might be one of only a few solo guitarists who have caught my ear without an acoustic. Totally not what I was looking for though.

23. Louie

Takes a Bit More

The I am Waiting for You Last Summer reminds me so much of the band "Of Machines".

(Sorry for the double post)

24. bd007h

that extended outro though.....

25. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

Everyone should listen to Shaky Graves. Blues, folk, rock, Americana..

Bartek T. and Slangster like this.