Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Publication End of the Year Lists 2020 • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Mattww

Regular

Always love the alternative’s lists - right in my listening zone

ItsAndrew and Leftandleaving like this.
  2. jdr2187

jdr2187

cshadows2887 likes this.
  3. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

4. username

hey you lil piss baby

Shouts out Crack for putting Sparkle Division and Crack Cloud.

Lots of albums that I'm surprised to see pop up in multiple places this year. 070 Shake (this one has surprised me the most), Duma, Duval Timothy. It's great, these are all cool records, but interesting to see as I don't remember any of them making a huge impact upon release.

5. jdr2187

jdr2187

Not a publication exactly but he writes for several of them and he puts out one of my favorite lists ever year.

6. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

That Crack list is pretty great. I somehow missed the Roza Terenzi release but digging it already.

7. jdr2187

jdr2187

PauLo likes this.
  8. PauLo

43% Burnt

Based on the amount of stuff on there that I’ve listened to and loved, I’m definitely gonna check a lot from that list out.

jdr2187 likes this.
  9. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

Always interesting to me in these more niche lists to see the overlap in listenership of jazz and left-field electronic stuff

PauLo likes this.
  10. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

No thread for chorus users yet? Not sure where else to ask this lol

11. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

No but we need it!

ghostedaway likes this.
  12. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

13. Craig Manning

14. username

hey you lil piss baby

Pitchfork songs list is always interesting, especially in recent years where they've scaled back on giving BNT drastically. Stray thoughts from my first look through:

Shocked to see Shamir so high (good for them though, especially after being largely ignored in the years since Ratchet)
    Gecs remix in the top 25 is hilarious
    No "Kyoto"???
    Happy to see "People I've been sad" at number 2!!
    Second time in 5 years where Cardi got the top spot without the track getting a BNT
    Amaraae! 1010 Benja SL! Jockstrap! 070 Shake! "the last great american dynasty"!

OhTheWater likes this.
  15. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

That DJ Python song is such a mood. Love to see it

username and JM95 like this.
  16. JM95

Trusted

WAP number one. Seriously..fucking hell.

Some cool stuff on there otherwise. Pleasantly surprised to see Pale Blue on there, although I think Breathe is the best song they released this year.

17. PauLo

43% Burnt

No issue with WAP being number one. Easily the most talked about song in the world this year and it bangs. Although i'm surprised P4k didn't shun it.

18. username

hey you lil piss baby

"WAP" is hard, great song. An obvious choice, like "Bodak Yellow" was. I could have seen it being the "Savage" remix (or "People, I've Been Sad" because that actually might be the best song of the year) but this seems par for the course for their top pick.

19. JM95

Trusted

I'm obviously even more out of sync than I thought if people like that shit.

20. PauLo

43% Burnt

Or maybe we're out of sync and what you like is actually shit? Opinions are funny like that.

21. Craig Manning

Rolling Stone put “Dreams” by Fleetwood Mac on their songs list. I am not joking.

DaydreamNation likes this.
  22. JM95

Trusted

Thank you for clarifying the nature of opinions.

23. PauLo

43% Burnt

No worries. You seemed a bit confused by it all. Glad to have helped.

24. JM95

Trusted

You're the one who had to talk about the nature of opinions because you...came across a different one.

25. PauLo

43% Burnt

Zilla likes this.