Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pianos Become The Teeth - Wait For Love (February 16, 2018) Album • Page 108

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bedwettingcosmo, Nov 7, 2017.

1. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Just rewatched the WFL music video series. Perfect for Halloween.

coleslawed and Cameron like this.
  2. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

I read somewhere that the last 3 albums reflect a stage of Kyle's life in terms of dealing with his father's death. TLLA = anger, KY = grief, and WFL = acceptance.

Definitely puts it in a different light

3. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I'll Get By is my favourite, but it's touch and go with Hiding.

I'd put Cripples Can't Shiver up there with them. I absolutely lose it when Kyle's mom comes in.

bedwettingcosmo and JaytotheGee like this.
  4. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Heck yeah, we aren't talking about Old Pride enough, for a debut, that record really nails it. It has an aura about it that I don't think they've matched since, even though I would rank it bottom in their discog. Filial and Quit Benefit are such a good 1-2 punch.

5. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Yeah I love Old Pride so much. It got me back into that style of music. Filial is an amazing song. I’d put it third in my rankings.

6. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Well damn I guess I should listen to their first two albums. Haven't heard anything before Keep You

7. flask

Trusted Supporter

I love their trajectory but I kinda miss Screamo Pianos sometimes. Pensive is a jam.

8. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

dont expect it to sound anything like those albums

9. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

pianos was the best skramz band

Leftandleaving likes this.
  10. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

It’s a TLLA kinda night

coleslawed and theagentcoma like this.
  11. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Mattww likes this.
  12. Leftandleaving

Carrow and Jbent like this.
  13. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

new burial waves EP out nov 12

Anthony Brooks and beachdude like this.
  14. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I had never listened to this band before lockdown (not sure why) but I gave Wait For Love a listen and really enjoyed the record. It’s so weird to be on the opposite side of where their fan base is who have been with them for years….knowing that I like that record and there’s a earlier sound they transitioned away from. I’m listen to the record before WFL and thought it was pretty goos too.

So is Burial Waves more reminiscent of earlier PBTT work?

15. I've only listened to that one song above, but no. They were a screamo band before, essentially. A heavier version of what you're hearing on KY and WFL, with screaming instead of clean vocals. The Lack Long After is still my favorite album by them, I would give that one a listen.

.K. likes this.
  16. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

As a huge Thrice fan, I can imagine how much of a style change a band can go through and still be good. Ive only streamed Keep You a few times on bandcamp and I guess I should check out Lack Long After or Burial Waves in the next few weeks as new releases slow down.

17. Leftandleaving

Burial waves is heavier than what they’re doing on these records, but Kyle is mostly singing clean. His vocals are a little rougher but still mostly sung

.K. likes this.
  19. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

good thanks

Anthony Brooks likes this.
  20. Aj LaGambina

Hey man, we all can't be like you Supporter

The season is upon us. I’m excited.

21. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Gimme more badass David Haik drumming plz

coleslawed likes this.
  22. Leftandleaving

23. Leftandleaving

coleslawed, Cameron, .K. and 3 others like this.
  24. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

25. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

When I see fine text like that I always fear bad news, like health issues with band member, band breaking up, or some kind of allegations of something.

Happy to see they are working hard and just checking in with fans. I’m mostly a newer casual fan, but I’m looking forward to a new record because I liked the last two and I’m happy for them and their dedicated fans to get new material.