Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Weekly Poll: Favorite Pianos Become the Teeth Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Henry, Jan 29, 2021.

?

enamor meeee

1. Old Pride

2 vote(s)
    2.6%
  2. The Lack Long After

20 vote(s)
    26.0%
  3. Keep You

45 vote(s)
    58.4%
  4. Wait For Love

10 vote(s)
    13.0%
  1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Rank em, tell us why, or just pick one.

Link to all of the other polls here. You can leave suggestions for new polls there or here. Whatevs.

2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Keep You forever. Especially the deluxe. Arizona my god.

coleslawed, Mattww, DeRRek and 3 others like this.
  3. goosetoph

u wut m8?

I think Wait for Love has my favorite song of theirs (Fake Lighting) but Keep You is a masterpiece in managing and processing your grief. Really helped me get through my uncle's death in 2015.

Mattww, karcrashianpanache and jkauf like this.
  4. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Keep You is one of my favorite albums of all time, and Repine and April are two of my favorite songs ever. I remember hearing 895 and thinking it was an absolute flex on what was already a perfect era.

5. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

Yeah Keep You is just brilliant. TLLA is a close 2nd for me with the other 2 falling pretty far behind.

Mattww likes this.
  6. Micah511

Fake Lighting is unreal. I wish the rest of the album held up to it. I think WFL is really good, but doesn't stand up to KY, especially towards the end.

7. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Might be time for a Keep You run, it’s been awhile (definitely don’t think I’ve listened to it since my dad passed 11 months ago). Every time I play it, I end up playing it non-stop for like a week.

8. Micah511

I just threw on WFL, that freaking bridge in Charisma... this band, y'all

coleslawed and disambigujason like this.
  9. goosetoph

u wut m8?

I chose Keep You, but the reason Wait for Love really resonates with me is it fit so perfectly with where my life was at the time right down to Forever Sound being about an loss of an ectopic pregnancy just as me and my wife also lost an ectopic pregnancy. Charisma about seeing your child for the first time totally connected with me as my daughter was born. It felt truly like a soundtrack to my life.

10. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Keep You forever

11. jciswhatis

Ugh, I hate America. Supporter

1. Keep You
    2. TLLA
    3. Wait for Love
    4. Old Pride

disambigujason likes this.
  12. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

keep you will always be this forums darling child but TLLA is just always gonna be number one for me.

Mattww likes this.
  13. Keep You pretty easily. The Lack Long After would be my number two though.

A couple years separated, I’m pretty comfortable saying Wait For Love does nothing for me

14. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Went WFL cuz I know it doesn’t get enough love. Such a bright, and thick album. Blue still gets me

coleslawed likes this.
  15. Jbent

Trusted

Based off nothing, I'm feeling like it might be the next one

coleslawed and Micah511 like this.
  16. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

They’ve been teasing some great stuff

Jbent likes this.
  17. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I sometimes wonder how perceptions may have differed if WFL had been released before KY, though to the extent that one can treat these objectively KY is my easy favorite

18. Mattww

Regular

Keep you for me just hits so hard. Think it was a brave step musically for them to make as well being so different to TLLA. Not just in the vocals but musically. The album is so interesting, the drums are insanely good and the guitars build atmosphere. Hoping we get a new album this year

Micah511 and Crisp X like this.
  19. My favorite song(s) may be on Wait For Love, but Keep You just completely wrecks me for its entire duration. It's one of those "lightning in a bottle" albums to me. Can't get into their earlier stuff except for the occasional song.

Jbent and Mattww like this.
  20. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

Wait For Love nails a perfect sound for me

.K., Crisp X and Cameron like this.
  21. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Keep You is great and WFL definitely has its moments but TLLA just rips

22. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

The Lack Long After is the only one thats really stuck with me.

23. Keith Southward

I totally get why Keep You is their most loved and Late Lives could be my favourite by them but TLLA is my favourite PBBTT child

24. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

TLLA > KY > OP > WFL

25. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Keep You > WFL > the rest