Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

One Direction Band • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Kiana, May 8, 2016.

1. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Liked it, but like a lot of people said, needs to be a little tighter or have a more memorable melody. But I like the approach he's taking

2. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

The description of Lana + Bowie was pretty dead on. I love the guitars on this. I'm not immediately in LOVE with this song upon first listens, but it basically gave me all the encouragement I wanted concerning the direction he's taking with the album

beachdude42 and Contender like this.
  3. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

4. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I liked that song

Aregala likes this.
  5. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Did it really break iTunes records or is that just the 1d fan accounts I follow lol. Also does he have his own thread yet?

beachdude42 likes this.
  6. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Possibly lol, and nah I don't think there's a thread yet :)

7. Kuri44

Yeah this is pretty good. Simple, but good

8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

It sounds like Keane, stans are so extra I always feel left out when these songs don't murder me and bring back to life

9. Kiana

Lol i know. I felt so reasonable. Like I enjoy it and all but with stans and anti-stans it's either a masterpiece or a dumpster fire lol. I really like it but a normal amount. I did say that his voice was like Angel wings brushing against my eardrums but I was joking (mostly) lol. I guess I'm an ironic hipster stan.

10. WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

This is so much better than I was expecting - that falsetto!

beachdude42 likes this.
  11. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

12. Kiana

Honestly for as different as people are calling his single, I don't think it's really that far removed from some stuff off 1d's albums. I think people think of "what makes you beautiful" when they think of them but if this song had been on four or made in the a.m. or even midnight memories I don't think it'd have been out of place.

Aregala likes this.
  13. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

this is a great continuation of "clouds". glad someone from 1d is doing it

14. Kiana

Can't stand James normally but their stuff with him was so cute

Aregala likes this.
  15. WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

"Wolves" just came on randomly and now I've played it four times in a row. Tune!

polyfilla and Kiana like this.
  16. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

17. Kiana

I'm gonna laugh if liam sneaks in and becomes most successful. By what Ryan tedder said it is straight pop. Zayn doesn't promote much and Harry's isn't like repeat all over top 40 so he can slip in there!

beachdude42 and Aregala like this.
  18. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

I was thinking about this and honestly after Zayn kind of disappointed, I wouldn't be SHOCKED if Liam ends up being the most successful of them in terms of chart success. He was always one of the stronger songwriters of the group, and working with Tedder is a pretty tried and true route to at least charting. Like by all means I wouldn't be surprised if he totally flops but I could actually see his pretty anonymous, malleable voice being very well suited to the current pop trends of like downbeat pop like Bieber's last album and stuff like the Chainsmokers (not saying I ride for this stuff lol).

beachdude42 likes this.
  19. Kiana

Liam also has one of the the best voice in the group from a technical standpoint. Altho i dont find his voice very distinctive and he's not really charismatic like Harry and he is kinda dumb lol so he'd need a great team. I wouldn't be surprised if he has some hits but isn't really a household name. I could see hin doing pretty well in the UK, espesh with the Cheryl Cole personal life to go with it

beachdude42 and Aregala like this.
  20. beachdude

Yeah I've also thought Liam has a decent shot at being pretty big if he has a good songwriting team with him.

Aregala likes this.
  21. beachdude

Would actually be pretty wild if three members of One Direction have big solo careers long-term, compared to the typical boy band tally of... zero lol

22. Kiana

Yeah honestly none of them seem to be doing too bad. Harry will prob get some critical acclaim and decent sales, zayn does okay, niall weirdly has like one song and seems to have no future plans but his one song plays here a lot. Louis had that one song but I could see him being a successful songwriter or behind the scenes. I think they have the benefit of not being as "cheesy" as boybands in the past so they don't have that weird "trying too hard and failing miserably" complex a lot of former boyband members have going. But we'll see once they start going broker lol

Aregala likes this.
  23. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Justin Timberlake ;)

beachdude42 likes this.
  24. Kiana

Typical. Justin is atypical and also justice for the most talented member, JC!!!

Does George Michael count? I guess Wham! was a duo