Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Norma Jean Band • Page 15

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by airik625, May 29, 2016.

1. subplotofcrows

A Grand Scene For A Color Film Prestigious

I think Discipline Your Daughters is the worst NJ song ever.

2. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Damn. That is a hot take. I like that song a lot hah

3. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I mean that part is somewhat lame but I don't think it's that bad ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

that is a spicy one. Surrender Your Sons and Discipline Your Daughters are both dope imo

5. Bane

The spiciest meme

oh I thought the vocals in Opposite of Left and Wrong were kind of neat lol, I wouldn't want it for more than one song I don't think but it's a neat one off thing.

Also yea Surrender Your Sons and Discipline Your Daughters are both great

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  6. DesolateEarth

Birb

I dig Opposite of Left And Wrong haha.

7. atlas

Trusted

Discipline Your Daughters is prob my pick for least favorite NJ song as well. I like Surrender Your Sons but it feels like slightly less than the sum of its parts to me. I feel like if Cory and Chino wrote a song together now it would come out a lot cooler

8. subplotofcrows

Corey said during the Redeemer VIP session I was in that there's a full alternate version of Surrender Your Sons that Chino did that he hopes to dig out and release at some point. I guess its just straight Chino without Corey or Cove.

9. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Sounds badass. Didn’t they record other tracks also that just didn’t make the final cut? Thought I remember hearing them talk about that during an interview.

10. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Would love to hear this. I highly doubt it will ever happen but a repress with any demos/bsides added would be amazing.

11. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

okay that remark about the Helmet guest spot sounding like the grandpa from Hey Arnold made me do a lil chortle

12. subplotofcrows

There was a demo they were writing with Underoath that ended up being used for Lost In The Sound Of Separation. He said he didn't know the title though and the demo was lost.

He mentioned maybe releasing a record of b-sides down the line. Would make sense since there were a lot of iTunes exclusive tracks and such, plus I know they scrapped like an album or two in the past.

Rowan5215 and mattylikesfilms like this.
  13. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

If their other unreleased stuff is as good as "Distance to Planets" then uhhh yes give me that please

coleslawed and Gooddayz like this.
  14. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

And “Kill More Presidents”

15. Henry

Moderator Moderator

16. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

sigh

17. subplotofcrows

That’s nothing new. Dudes always been ignorant. I’ve accepted that he holds idiotic conservative viewpoints and drinks the propaganda kool aid.

18. Smh his interactions with the replies are even worse. Dude’s a clown

19. The Mysterious

Yes...but a thing isn't beautiful because it lasts

come the fuck ON, man, drop the anti-gov contrarian Bible-belt Arkansas shtick for a second and be a decent human being. What the hell.

20. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

That seriously bums me out since I love Cory so much as a musician but jeez dude... what the fuck.

21. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

This.

22. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Fuck, I really regret reading the comments section. I did like Schyular from He Is Legend low key trolling him though lol

Schuylar is the man. Cory... is not. At least when it comes to anything "political" - even if it's something like, I don't know, a fucking global pandemic. I already have friends affected by it (as in having relatives and friends die from it) and it's not even close to being "over" so this type of shit really makes me angry.

23. Bane

The spiciest meme

Wow I was just on a Norma Jean binge for the past 2 days and thinking about Cory and how unfortunate that he's such a dumbass as a human being lmao

Although honestly I wasn't expecting him to stoop to THAT level even, god damn

24. Bane

The spiciest meme

And hell yea Schuylar is great go listen to He Is Legend if you haven't yet

25. atlas

Trusted

People like Cory are the logical conclusion to the South Park-ification of culture where caring about anything or anybody else is lame and you're a loser if you do