Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Weekly Poll: Favorite Norma Jean Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Henry, Oct 25, 2019.

?

Like bringing a knife to a gun fight

1. Bless the Martyr and Kiss the Child

10 vote(s)
    16.4%
  2. O' God, the Aftermath

9 vote(s)
    14.8%
  3. Redeemer

13 vote(s)
    21.3%
  4. The Anti Mother

3 vote(s)
    4.9%
  5. Meridional

10 vote(s)
    16.4%
  6. Wrongdoers

15 vote(s)
    24.6%
  7. Polar Similar

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

New album this week!

Rank em, tell us why, or just pick one.

Link to all of the other polls here. You can leave suggestions for new polls there or here. Whatevs.

2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Didn't listen to anything after O God, but I loved that record.

SpookinCups likes this.
  3. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Anti mother was the first one I got really into after really only liking Blueprints. Just a much more accessible record for me at a time when I liked screaming but still growing into heavier stuff.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  4. Jesse West

Cursed by my ancestry

Wrongdoers is really the only one I can get into but damn did I get into it. Probably my favorite heavy album of all time.

5. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Redeemer and Meridional are so damn good it was a toss up for me. Went with Redeemer because that touring cycle was pivotal for me.

6. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

really? Surprisingly I don't like O God. You would love their newer shit.

I went with Wrongdoers, but wanted to pick Bless The Martyr so bad.

7. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

meridonial by a margin so wide it'll make you weep

8. DesolateEarth

Birb

It was a toss up between Meridonial, Wrongdoers, and Polar Similar. All three are pretty impressive achievements by metalcore standards. Went with Wrongdoers because I think it slightly edges out the other two.

9. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I'll try out some of their other stuff tomorrow when I go running. I was always rubbed the wrong way by that song that was clearly a Thrice rip off. lol

10. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

Wrongdoers is the one but really they're amazingly consistent. If I could vote for most unfairly hated-on album I'd throw one to The Anti-Mother for sure, that album has bangers

11. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Meridional is the album I always go back to. I think it's their strongest album as a whole.

Rowan5215 likes this.
  12. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Yeah The Anti-Mother is also one of my favorites. I also feel like Redeemer is solid all the way through.

13. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

BTMKTC

14. Definitely between Wrongdoers and Meridional, went with the former because If You Got it At Five is arguably my favorite NJ track

15. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Bless the martyr but that has a lot to do with me preferring Josh

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  16. PauLo

43% Burnt

Bless The Martyr is flawless and one of the few heavy albums from my early 20s that I still listen to and feel the same as I did when I first heard it.

I seem to remember listening to O’God, but can’t remember much about it. Haven’t listened to any of their others.

17. atlas

Trusted

Wrongdoers all day baby. Basically impossible to top an album with Hive Minds, If You Got It At Five, The Potter Has No Hands, Sword in Mouth, Funeral Singer.... just nonstop bangers from top to bottom

18. VCargo08

Yeah good point. I was thinking PS but that first half of Wrongdoers is so savage. How did I forget.

19. Jbent

Trusted

All Hail is seriously some of their best work.

Dog with a Blog and 333 GANG like this.
  20. Redeemer, though it might not be their best. It takes me back to the time I got my first electric guitar and learned how to play by figuring out all of these dissonant riffs. They don't have a "weak" album, so every choice is correct in my mind.

21. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

Had to go with O' God. Love the chaotic shit.

SpookinCups and mescalineeyes like this.
  22. Dog with a Blog

my thought process as well

SpookinCups likes this.
  23. Dog with a Blog

Also, Anti-Mother has grown on me a lot over the years. I remember not liking it when it came out but it’s a pretty solid record. The production just isn’t that great

24. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Meridional for this guy but I love it all.

25. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Wow I’m the only vote for Polar Similar.

That’s the first record of theirs I listened to and it’s definitely still my favorite. Love the whole feel of that thing.

disambigujason likes this.