Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

New Smilies / Emoji • Page 4

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jason Tate, Feb 11, 2016.

1. Phasma, any of the old school characters if they have them, if they have other Rey or Finn for sure.

2. Looks like the emojis from the app are 62px. Will that work or do should I pad them?

3. That should work.

4. :panther:

Just for you.

Tim likes this.
  5. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

YES YES YES YES YES.

I'm going to use Black Panther all the time.

:panther::kylosaber::wonderwoman::chin:

I see you called it "Comics." I was going to suggest "Nerds" or "Entertainment" (maybe too long and awkward?), but "Comics" works just fine.

6. A new crop have been added. They're under "comics" on the full posting window or like always can be found here.

7. Tim

Jason Tate likes this.
  8. So funny, I actually almost went with "nerds" and named the folder that:

[​IMG]

But then I decided that it all kinda fit under the comic umbrella without being too long of a title. So I went with that.

Tim likes this.
  9. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Oh boy. @kaylasananjou's gonna use the Cap emoji as a sign-off like -ACA

Tim and Jason Tate like this.
  10. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

i cant believe u compared me to ACA wtf we're getting divorced.
    (like cap and iron man)

Nick, PyramidPostcard and Tim like this.
  11. This excites me more than it should.

:falcon:

12. Meerkat

I was going to send you money so we could see Civil War at the same time (or as close as we could get) and go on a date, but that's fine. It'll save me $15.

13. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

:embarrassed: :scream:

14. Meerkat

kaylasananjou, Jason Tate and AelNire like this.
  15. Tim

There are also Deadpool emojis out there. Like, a LOT of them, I think through an official app?

I don't know if you can find them, and we wouldn't need all or even most of them, but just throwing that out there. If nothing else, Colossus throwing up is pretty perfect.

[​IMG]

16. I was hoping to just pull the lot from the app .ipa file in one go, but alas the only reference to the emojis were some locked .nib files I couldn't get into. So odd. There's a .json file with links to the gifs in same section as the app, but not the .png files for the emojis. I'm going to hunt down the .apk version tomorrow to look for a directory, then I'll pull them by hand if I have no luck there.

(Yea, I know we only need a few, I'll get you just the good ones in the morning. I'm just set on a mission to figure this out now...)

Jason Tate likes this.
  17. I've never been much of a smiley/emoji user, but that may change now that Star Wars options are so readily available.

:bb8:

Jason Tate likes this.
  18. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

19. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

reddit style flairs would be cool but i don't know if that's feasible or something Jason would want. helpful in sports threads and for stuff like Cap Civil War, you could choose the iron man or cap emoji to be in your usertitle.

Jacob Tender likes this.
  20. I like the sports idea. I think what I'm going to do is make a "generic" sports section that has some sports icons in there, and that'll show as a section via the emoji section in posts. Then I'm going to make a "hidden" sports section that is only on the smilies page that has a bunch of other hidden codes that work. I don't want to overload the section with like 60 different little icons that most people will never use, but this will be like kind of a fun easter egg for long term members and those that find it.

Nick likes this.
  21. A couple more comics ones have been added.

:thefalcon::vision::scarlet::stormtrooper::hux::wintersoldier:

And some basic sports ones are also added:

:touchdown::football::basketball::helmet:fan:

These can be found via the emoji menu on "more options" posting. Going to add some that don't show up on those menus in just a few but will be accessible via the :codes: as kinda easter eggs.

22. Garrett L. and Nick like this.
  23. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Jason Tate likes this.
  24. Tim

Talk Like a :pittsburgh: Day

Jason Tate likes this.