Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

My Morning Jacket Band • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by DaydreamNation, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Serenity Now likes this.
  2. elphshelf

100% made of farts Supporter

It’s preordered baybeeeeeee

Serenity Now likes this.
  3. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

listening to the tennessee fire - a pretty much perfect album

DaydreamNation and Brother Beck like this.
  4. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Took a mental health day yesterday and spun Okonokos on the beach. When that big "aaahhhhhHHHhHhHaaahhHHHHhhhh" came in during I Will Sing You Songs, a beautiful breeze came through to break the stifling heat and I got a full-body chill from it. Truly an all-time live record.

5. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

If anyone wants tix to the Philly date next Wednesday 9/8 hit me up. Had some friends bail due to fam emergency but I’m still going. Got 3 available for face value or best offer. They’re seated, in the covered section, in the front row.

Drewski likes this.
  6. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

So excited for 9/10 and 9/11.

7. Wish my date was sooner :(

8. Y'all better post novels in here about your shows I'm dying for mmj content

9. phaynes12

i cannot understate how awesome this was

10. DaydreamNation Sep 7, 2021
    (Last edited: Sep 7, 2021)
    Whoa just noticed Jim isn't wearing shades on stage for the first time in 6-7 years. This is also one of THE BEST Dondantes out there which is saying a hell of a lot, didn't think they could push the ceiling much more on that one, 15+ years into its lifespan

Anyway my brother also saw them at Railbird in Lexington last weekend and said they tore the place down, even with just a festival-length set (and apparently the festival organization was a total shitshow that day too lol)

phaynes12 likes this.
  11. Also they're livestreaming the 9/11 Forest Hills show on nugs, have 48 hours to rewatch. I'll be at Big Thief that night but will be starting my Sunday morning with some Jacket for sure. @Drewski wave to us plz

phaynes12 likes this.
  12. phaynes12

yeah i was kind of blown away when it just kept going and getting better lol

DaydreamNation likes this.
  13. Dudes are absolutely in their prime as a live act. When I go to listen to a sbd of one of their shows I honestly prefer stuff from at least post-2012ish and in the last few years the jams have gotten much more interesting imo. Jim has gone to a lot of different/new places, he and Carl have both brought in some heavier tones, and then Bo has just found another level as a keyboardist since touring with Roger Waters

phaynes12 likes this.
  14. Serenity Now

I'm going tonight & very pumped. I'll check in after. I like to go in blind and be surprised so I haven't read anything above.

Funny thing happened to me for the first time. I forgot my tickets at home after travelling in for the show. They are literally hanging on my fridge. Since customer service is nowhere to be found I just bought replacement tickets near my original ticketed spot and will be sneaking into my own seats at some point in the show since they're ideal.

DaydreamNation likes this.
  15. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Those shows seem to be a pinch undersold, tickets going cheap.

16. Serenity Now

yea the tix I purchased today for Philly were on Ticketmaster verified re-sale for the same price I paid via pre-order months ago so that was pretty sweet.

17. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

18. Serenity Now

Just got back into town. Still gathering my thoughts and will follow up but just have to say that the pairing of them and Brittany Howard on the same bill was magical and the Mann in Philadelphia is a perfect outdoor venue for them. It's all cozy wood panelling and Jim really seemed to appreciate it.

19. Serenity Now

Alright here's my gush from their show in Philly. Can't wait to see them again in Spokane at the end of the month.

Highlights:
    • Brittany Howard, just all of it, she is such a force on stage and her band - specifically her rhythm section - is exceptional.
    • The break out of the disco ball light show during Wordless Chorus. It turned the crowd way up and created a vibe that sucked us in for the rest of the show. Plus Jim debuted his cape for the first time in the night during this song.
    • The clean piano intro to Feel You was such a nice touch. Embellished a bit too before the rest of the song was played in its standard and amazing form. Was such an elevating experience to hear that guitar work live.
    • Run It was meditative. It's my second favorite track off of WF II which I know is not the case for everyone but it was a delight on a cool summer evening.
    • The outro to Wonderful (The Way I Feel) where they sing "Going where there ain't no police, going where there ain't no disease". The crowd screamed those words and cheered after each line.
    • At the end of one song, which I can't recall specifically, Jim had the crowd sing in unison as the band closed out. We just chanted "Ohhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmm" like three times until it was just our voices. Reminded me why I tell everyone that live music is my church.

Drewski likes this.
  20. Serenity Now

Anyone else catching them tonight in Spokane? I’m pumped to check out this overhead net of lights at the venue