Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mount Eerie - Now Only (March 16, 2018) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by brandon_260, Jan 17, 2018.

1. okay cool it will be a surprise

2. Dog with a Blog

Haven’t listened to the stream yet. Subbing tho

3. Dog with a Blog

Gonna go lie down somewhere before class and listen to this

awwgereee likes this.
  4. Dog with a Blog

Fuckkkk. This is hitting hard already. Not sure how prepared I am for this show in a couple weeks lol

Larry David and zmtr like this.
  5. Dog with a Blog

Oh my god.

Ok, so my family is coming to visit L.A. in a couple weeks because it’ll be the 3rd year since my dad died and it happens to fall on the same weekend as the Mount Eerie show. Everyone in my family has been super emotional lately cause his anniversary is coming up but I haven’t been emotional at all about my dad in over a year and god damn, “These waves hit less frequently. They thin and then they are gone. You are gone and then your echo is gone. And then the crying is gone...” just fucking wreeeeecked me.

5Stories, bachna84, dotKev and 5 others like this.
  6. Dog with a Blog

Not wise to listen to this in the library before class

bachna84, Kennedy and Larry David like this.
  7. Dog with a Blog

Earth is GORGEOUS, got dayum! I dunno what I was expecting from this album but so far it is surpassing whatever expectations I had

8. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Man. This is heavy.

This record is pretty special though. Like this is some of Phil’s best work ever. Tintin, Distortion, and Two Paintings are some of the most unreal things I’ve ever heard.

The bit in two paintings where Phil is talking about a hypothetical plane crash and if people would go through his phone. And then when he sings about foxgloves and makes that connection from a crow looked at me. Amazing.

dotKev and Dog with a Blog like this.
  9. Dog with a Blog

I definitely echo the sentiment that this feels like more than six songs

Kennedy likes this.
  10. Dog with a Blog

Where ACLAM felt like a catalogue of Phil’s coping, this very much feels like a goodbye.

Edit: like, I’m sure some of these themes will remain in his songwriting, but I think he’ll return to more “traditional” songs after this. There is a certain level of finality here.

bachna84, coleslawed and zmtr like this.
  11. Kennedy Mar 13, 2018
    (Last edited: Mar 13, 2018)
    Kennedy

I also think this album is very heavy, but a different heavy than ACLATM. Crow felt like a fresh wound. It felt like complete remorse. Now Only has a lot of remnants of that, but it feels different. I feels less like a reflex of pain and more like reluctant acceptance if that makes sense. Take the first two songs on this record for example. Much much different than Crow right off the bat. Still very heavy hitting, but much more about reflection of life rather than reflection of illness. And yes it feels like a goodbye. And also a love note.

12. Kennedy

Record came! Just gotta pick it up from the post office today

13. username

hey you lil piss baby

14. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

At this point I might be like @Larry David and hold off on listening to this Friday. It's been hard to wait tho.

Dog with a Blog and Larry David like this.
  15. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

the new drowse record reminds me of his older stuff a bit

Joel likes this.
  16. Dog with a Blog

It’s a little odd that I’m walking around singing “people get cancer and die” but it’s just so damn catchy

17. Dog with a Blog

Sorry for basically talking with myself here, but the way “these waves hit less frequently...” comes in might be one of the most beautiful things I’ve ever heard in a song before

18. Kennedy

Totally. I love that switch in that part.

bachna84 and Dog with a Blog like this.
  19. zmtr

Trusted

Hopefully some more people are going to listen to this today

Dog with a Blog and Kennedy like this.
  20. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

this album still slays me. so so so good

21. Dog with a Blog

I’m sobbing and eating eggs again

22. dotKev

@dotkevin

23. Kennedy

24. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

This record truly might be the best thing Phil has done

25. Dog with a Blog

I dunno how he did it, but I think Phil wrote one of my favorite albums of all time twice in a row