Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Microsoft OneNote App

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Brenden, Apr 24, 2016.

1. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Microsoft OneNote is a computer program for free-form information gathering and multi-user collaboration. It gathers users' notes (handwritten or typed), drawings, screen clippings and audio commentaries. Notes can be shared with other OneNote users over the Internet or a network. OneNote is available as a part of Microsoft Office and Windows 10.

2. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Anyone use this for work or life in general. I work in project management and looking for something to better help me handle all the different projects and tasks I have.

3. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

My boss and I use it for team meetings, contact info, policy and procedures, cheat sheets, etc, in the office.

4. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

i've been thinking about using it for school but after trying it out with a couple different styli, i think i may be sticking to evernote

5. NotBruce

Regular

Yeah, project managers/upper management in general use it at my work, and they swear by it. I haven't messed with it much but Office 2013 in general is pretty cool, overall. It's a lot easier to troubleshoot that 2007, which makes my job easier.

6. eric3939

When I try to open OneNote from the icon in Outlook, i receive the following error:

Before you can use this feature, OneNote must start for the first time. You can return here and try again after OneNote starts.

Anybody knows the solution to the my problem?

7. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

8. brandon

Regular Prestigious

It sounds like you're trying to use the OneNote button in Outlook without having first opened the actual OneNote program that's installed on your PC. You need to open the actual program first ;-)

9. aranea

Trusted Prestigious