Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Linkin Park Band • Page 102

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jason Tolpin, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Tomozaurus

Regular

I know others said they like them, but I really just hate all the interludes and shit. I love all of the actual full tracks on it.

2. Crisp X Jun 7, 2020
    (Last edited: Jun 8, 2020)
    Anyone been following Mike's streams? Still haven't taken the time to watch any of them in their entirety, but I want to catch up because everytime I get a notification and just read the titles, I'm surprised by the way he's challenging himself musically.

Tomozaurus likes this.
  3. Tomozaurus

Regular

I've only watched a couple because they are long, but they are pretty entertaining and it is cool to see him step out of his comfort zone. I watched the melodic metal and 90s trip hop ones and they both came out pretty neat for quick demos.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  4. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

I've mostly been watching for the Q&A stuff, but a lot of the tracks he's been making sound dope for being done in under two hours. The man is super prolific when it comes to music.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  5. soggytime

Trusted

My first exposure to Linkin Park was 5th grade gym class. The gym teachers liked to blast "In the End" on the loudspeakers while we did our warm-ups. This was 2002.

6. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Mike's streams are so cool, he has a WIDE range of musical talent, he makes producing songs of literally every genre look so easy. He seems such a genuinely nice person too

7. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

8. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Tomozaurus likes this.
  9. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

skogsraet likes this.
  10. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

I definitely prefer the version of Open Door without the guests, but cool that it's finally out.

And of course Booty Down would be the closing track lol

11. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I was watching live for the creation of Booty Down lol, he was cracking himself up the entire time he was making it

And it's somehow still pretty catchy in its awfulness

12. Cmoney86

Trusted

Article got deleted and the videos are gone off YouTube from the looks of it. They aren’t in my history and I listened to all 3 of them

13. irthesteve

ummm no? all still there for me, haha

14. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

It was gone for a while but now it seems to be back.

15. mike1885

Trusted Supporter

You're not crazy. They were gone when I had clicked on the link earlier too but are there now.

16. paythetab

Chorus.FM Album Reviewer (Adam Grundy) Supporter

Mike Shinoda just announced a new album here:
    Looks like its mostly an instrumental album, with the exception of "Open Door" which is on all the streaming services now. Album drops July 10th.

irthesteve likes this.
  17. Cmoney86

Trusted

It def disappeared for a while and the videos on YouTube went Mia earlier.

the demo version of open door is better imo. he did a contest for that song that’s why there’s other people on the final version

18. Cmoney86

Trusted

drip drip on the new mike album. the hybrid theory demo is not on it.

Onlyadirector likes this.
  19. irthesteve

this Mike album is really cool, very much enjoying it

20. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

21. Onlyadirector

Trusted Supporter

Some of these ideas SHOULDNT WORK but they do. Man's a wizard.

irthesteve likes this.
  22. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

Just seeing the process of how he makes music and getting a TON of info about LP's tracks and history was cool enough. The fact that we're getting multiple albums worth of tracks (albeit instrumentals) is just a cherry on top. El Rey Demonio is sick and Booty Down is, obviously, a classic.

23. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

I'm so glad he released this. chill as hell and honestly been a great anxiety reliever every time I've put it on. "Open Door" obviously bangs but I think my favourites are "Doodle Buzz" into "Channeling Pt. 1", what a combo

Onlyadirector likes this.
  24. Onlyadirector

Trusted Supporter

"Duckbot" is my standout favorite, but that's probably because I have a huge bias towards Trip-hop and electronic. Would love a whole album of "Duckbot".

25. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

Linkin park hit trump with a copyright claim because he tried to use in the end in an advertisement. Amazing
    5BAABE2F-5B29-43F2-8908-7F538D160C29.jpeg