Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Weekly Poll: Favorite Linkin Park Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Henry, Jun 11, 2020.

?

??

1. Hybrid Theory

30 vote(s)
    33.7%
  2. Meteora

26 vote(s)
    29.2%
  3. Minutes to Midnight

13 vote(s)
    14.6%
  4. A Thousand Suns

15 vote(s)
    16.9%
  5. Living Things

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  6. The Hunting Party

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  7. One More Light

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Rank em, tell us why, or just pick one.

Link to all of the other polls here. You can leave suggestions for new polls there or here. Whatevs.

2. NitrateDawn

Regular

A Thousand Suns. It's when I realized these guys were real artists and even though I'll always love their early work, it doesn't hold up near as well today as ATS.

3. flask

Trusted Supporter

I was an ~active~ linkin park fan from 2000-2010 so im only gonna rank up to ATS....

Minutes to Midnight
    Meteora
    Hybrid Theory
    ATS

4. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Went w/ Minutes to Midnight, but in reality, it’s a tie between that one, The Hunting Party, & Reanimation.

Though, tbh, most of their albums are very close to each other in overall quality to me. Their only full length that I overall dislike is Living Things, which I’d consider their one vanilla & forgettable release.

coleslawed likes this.
  5. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I need to really go back and listen to everything. The time between Hybrid Theory and Meteora was too much for me. I had already moved on.

6. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Not easy, most of them are pretty close for me. I ended up going with Minutes to Midnight. I only really didn't consider Hybrid Theory (hasn't aged super well for me) and The Hunting Party (has some great tracks, but overall an uneven release that didn't stick with me)

7. Meteora out of mostly nostalgia but that was one of my very first formative albums. Hybrid Theory and A Thousand Suns would be next.

8. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Meteora was my easy choice, in large part for nostalgia, but it’s also their most concise and complete record to me. Lots of good songs scattered elsewhere but the other records almost all feel messy or incomplete to me.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  9. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Was never a super fan, so Hybrid Theory gets my vote since that's the one I'm most likely to go back to if I want to put them on.

10. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I just listened to Meteora on my walk and I hated it. lol. It just sounds so dated.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  11. 333 GANG

ACAB

Yup, exactly this for me too.

Steve_JustAGuy likes this.
  12. coleslawed Jun 11, 2020
    (Last edited: Jun 11, 2020)
    coleslawed

Eat Pizza

Minutes to Midnight is the album that really brought me in, so I’ll go with that, but A Thousand Suns is also dope, and the first two are great nostalgia listens.

13. Meteora is still my favorite, but ATS feels like their best and most fully realized.

coleslawed likes this.
  14. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Hybrid Theory, easily. I personally was not into anything they did post like, the front half of Minutes to Midnight lol

15. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

meteora forever

16. BenSmith94

Trusted

Hybrid Theory

Meteora

A Thousand Suns
    The Hunting Party
    Minutes to Midnight
    Living Things
    One More Light

17. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

Meteora
    Hybrid Theory

Everything else

18. Wow I guess I’m gonna have to check out Minutes To Midnight. Didn’t realize so many people around here preferred it over their other stuff, pretty certain I’ve never heard it

Meteora got my vote tho

19. Tomozaurus

Regular

Hybrid Theory
    The Hunting Party
    Minutes to Midnight
    Meteora
    A Thousand Suns
    Living Things
    One More Light

Meteora and ATS are basically even, it could go either way.

20. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

People putting One More Light at the bottom isn't suprising but is a bummer.

Not because it isn't at the lower end of their discography, but because it's still generally a pretty good album ("Heavy" & the title track are especially dope), & they really only have one outlier bad album: Living Things.

Glad The Hunting Party got a couple votes, though. Was tempted to switch my vote 'cause things were so weighted towards their first 4 albums, lol.

coleslawed likes this.
  21. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

I really enjoy all of them a great deal, except for One More Light. Living Things & The Hunting Party are the ones I return to most at this point. Went with THP because I think it’s the stronger of the two.

22. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Hybrid
    A Thousand Suns
    Minutes To Midnight
    Meteora
    Living Things
    The Hunting Party
    One More Light

23. btr

Trusted Supporter

Minutes to Midnight
    Hybrid Theory
    Meteroa
    A Thousand Suns
    Living Things
    The Hunting Party
    One More Light

24. One More Light is better than The Hunting Party, which is actually their worst album, but people aren't ready for that conversation

coleslawed and FTank like this.
  25. skoopy

Regular

Yeah I could never really vibe with anything post ATS not only because of changing taste, but I think all three albums are just generally weaker imo. First four are a toss up however.